Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is flexible process and Predefined process in Appraisal system PMS

ajaykumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am new to PMS and appraisal process. Could you please let me know in details what is Flexible process and Predefined process in PMS and what is deference between these two in a way implementing it through ESS - portal module.

2) also please throw some light on how many types of participants are there in appraisals (like appraisee, part appraiser, further participant)

3) Is appraisal process can be implemented only through POWL ? or we can use id through simple UWL also?

Kindly suggest.

Ajaykumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Predefine solution is, the template is already available and you need to check whether this is sufficient for your business requirement. If it's fine. Then you can use this predefined template for your performance cycle. In this template you can't do any modification. But if you take flexible, this template can be configured as much as possible ( including badI workaround) according to your compleat performance process. You can create template using T-code PHAP_CATALOG.

As you mentioned , Appraisee, Appraiser, Part appraiser and Further participant are the main participants in the appraisal process.you can define any number of further participant or part appraisal according to your requirement as well as your appraisal type whether it's 360 or MBO.

I don't understant your 3rd question  

kind regards,

Dinesh

ajaykumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feed back,

Point 1 - I got some knowlegde from your answer

potint 2 - I dont really understand who should be the part appraiser and who could be further participent in appraisal process?? what is there role ??

point 3 - POwl is query driven list which apprair as seperate screen in an iview instead of UWL list in portal. I am looking for a method to implement through UWL...

Guys any valuable answers??????????????

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Threads .

Now based upon your queries and the scenario at hand the core queries you mentioned include:

1 What is Flexible process and Predefined process in PMS + what is deference between these two in a way implementing it through ESS - portal module?

Ok firstly in terms of the actual setup and its configuration kindly take a look at the following WIKI guide:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/How+to+Define+Tab+and+Process+Configuration+for+Template...

2 how many types of participants are there in appraisals (like appraisee, part appraiser, further participant)?

Tcodes for PMS Basic Setting

OOHAP_BASIC      Basic Appraisal Template Settings

OOHAP_CATEGORY      Appraisal Category Settings

OOHAP_CAT_GROUP Category Group Settings

OOHAP_SETTINGS_PA PA: Settings

OOHAP_VALUE_TYPE Standard Value Lists

T codes for PMS Process

PHAP_ADMIN     Administrator - Appraisal Document

PHAP_CATALOG     Appraisal Template Catalog

PHAP_CHANGE     Change Appraisal Document

PHAP_CREATE     Create Appraisal

PHAP_PREPARE     Prepare Appraisal Documents

PHAP_SEARCH     Evaluate Appraisal Document

Objective Settings and Appraisals

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/98/1222d3404e3849912015524dce03e5/frameset.htm

3) Is appraisal process can be implemented only through POWL ? or we can use id through simple UWL also?

This document describes the portal and backend configuration required for configuring UWL to fetch workflow task from backend and open webdynpro applications for Appraisal related tasks. Without this configuration appraisal document is shown in backend screen.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7375

Hopefully the documentation and pointers outlined above provide you with the clarification required and I am in full understanding of the scenario.

Let me know how you get on and if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask me.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Follow

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaykumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

guys any clue???? Please respond