cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing parameters from graphical Calculation view to Calculation view based on script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have read many forums where the calculation view - Graphical is called in the calculation view - SQL and parameters are passed, in my POC i want to try the other way, I want to use the calculation view - SQL in calculation view - Graphical in the projection node and get the desired output.

Can you please check the attached document and help me to resolve the issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

For HANA Studio flag your parameters as mandatory and they will appear on screen.

Anyhow, you can pass parameter by your application if not required.

Regards, Fernando Da Rós

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ros,

They are already flagged as mandatory, but they are not appearing in the prompt. Anyway i have resolved the issue by creating 2 dummy columns and used these input parameters in those now i can see the input parameters in the prompt.

I ran the report i dont get any data, my real problem is how i can pass these parameters values to Calc view SQl , so that they can be passed to stored procedure in turn.

can you please tell me ?

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh, ok. You were using variables insted of input parameters.

Best regards, Fernando Da Rós

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ros,

my real problem is with passing these parameters values to Calc view SQl , so that they can be passed to stored procedure inturn.

Below are the things i have done :

1. Created a stored procedure with parameters

2. Created a calculation view using SQL and called the stored procedure - Its working fine

3. Created a graphical calculation view , i used the calculation view - SQL( Step#2) in the projection node, now whats the way to pass the parameters values to SQL( Step#2).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets take the below example.

1. Stored procedure - Input parameter - IP1

2.Calculation view - SQL -

- created a parameter IP1 here also and called the above stored procedure and passed IP1

This works i get the data as expected.

Here is my case now

3. Calculation View - Graphical -

Used a projection node - In this i have added Calculation view - SQL

Created an input paramter - IP1

When i run the data preview , i dont get any data.

The reason could be because there should be a way i can pass this IP1 to

calculation view - SQL, if i can pass to calculation view - SQL it gets passed to stored procedure.

Can some one help me on this.

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

So you want call a Script calculation view from a Graphical calculation view, take a look on these steps

Regards, Fernando Da Rós

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ros,

I have gone through those steps , i dont see my  case over there.

I want to use the scripted calculation view in the projection node of Graphical calculation view and pass the input parameters. Kindly help me.

I see below cases in that message :

Calling one scripted calculation view from another scripted calculation view

or

Calling one graphical calculation view from another scripted calculation view

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm Ok I got it.

There's a mapping needed on graphical calculation view where you can link parm of view graph and script view (even with different names).

Help: Map Input Parameters - SAP HANA Developer Guide for SAP HANA Studio - SAP Library

Regards, Fernando Da Rós

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou Ros!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I'm using a graphical calculation view in a scripted calculation view. The output is coming correctly, however when I'm trying to move the calculation view in refactor way to other package its throwing error that it is used in the the scripted view.

Not sure how it works in the reverse way. Any idea?

Reg

Sushil

Answers (0)