Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Renewal: Client infotype with upload/download file functionality

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am writing to you today cuz a client of mine asked me to adapt one of their client-specific infotype for HR Renewal. Now the old-legacy infotype was developed by someone else so I am just to adapt the functionality for decoupled infotype framework and front-end.

The infotype has no subtype and record from 01.01.1800 to 31.12.9999 with a table-control listing all the pdf (or other format) file for a particular employee (such has income tax statement; SEPA bank account sheet; ID card etc... any kind of personal document relevant to employees). (that data is listed from a client Z table when opening the infotype; e.g. there is not sub-strucutrue in the pnnnn to  represent that information).

upload, download and open file functionality is done via the infotype old-framework screen 2000 by some custom code merely replicated what is available by cl_gui_services.

File are stored directly on the SAP system not using the GOS option;

back-end stuff is more or less done and working at least I can do pretty much what I want in puit_ui tcode; read;modify... off course no file upload there

front-end is another story; I have managed the FPM views for the infotype (dataset; biz card, etc) and also I have managed to list the existing file in the ATS list.

However What I need still to do is to be able to upload from NWBC files to the back end system; and also download or open them. this seems to be a little harder than expected.

I am now doubting if I should rather do a P&F FPM form based or if I can achieve what it is suppose to do? or maybe I should go back to the client and talk him through changing that infotype architecture? using subtype instead of a connection to a Z table and GOS services to store employee files seems way easier for me; but still I am facing the upload/download functional which I dont really no how to wrap around the FPM either it is ATS or GL2. I have checked indian-specific infotype 3743 has this uploading functionality (GOS) but no corresponding FPM I could inspire myself on!

Also, not sure if I am missing something but when I try to change the value of one the field on the infotype pnnnn structure (that infty actually has one checkbox field) and save I end up with a dump because to BOL model does not find my entity (lo_entity). it s not the first infotype I am enabling for HR Renewal and I never had this error before.. I wonder what I am missing....

Would you gurus oriente me a lil on how I should best proceed? should I rather use P&F? Your help and advise would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello:

So after some thinking through:

- upload and download are handler by the FPM ATS feeder (client copy with enhanced options into to manage event method).

- lo_entity without pointer causing dump occurred because I had inconsistently used the set automatic tag option into the FPM configuration floorplan editor.

- PAOC_ASR_PERSONAL_FILE would be my recommendation but client want to follow on its own mini-dev for personal file hosting.

Thank you gurus!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe I should give a look into PAOC_ASR_PERSONNEL_FILE Digital Personnel Files  package? any of you knows the general story to make it work?