cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the CrossTable Function "Sort"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Problem with the "nice" crosstabfunction of the DesignStudio.

When I create from a datasource the crosstab and enable the function for sorting it is only possible to sort the first column.

The other columns get the sign into the Header for the sort function, too. But if I click on it, it won't work and sort nothing.

I'm sure with the old Version of SAP Design-Studio (1.2) it has worked!

Now we are using 1.4 and u can only sort the first column?????

Do I anything wrong? I set only the value for the crosstab (Sorting enabled) on true.

Thank you for help.

Greets,

André

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we're facing the same Problem  - DS 1.6, Datasource IDT, SQL_Server 10, Derived Tables.

We have a crosstab only with dimensions (a "normal" table ).

We can only sort the first Column, but all dimensions must be sortable. --> We can't sort it in idt because we receive an error-message, that it's not possible to use sort by/ group by in derived Tables.

Regards,

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

did you find a solution for this ?

We're facing exactly the same Problem after upgrade to DS1.5....

Greets,

Kai

p.s.:  By Scripting the Datasource is also only sortable by the first member in the Query...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre

I am using Design Studio 1.4 SP2 and I am able to sort other columns too.

If possible, you may share screenshot for the properties of Crosstab and the script to enable sorting ( which might be same for me too), so that others may a look at it.

Regards

Rahul Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

The Application Looks like:

Settings:

Structure:

I don't have any further JS Coding for this case implemented. I think that this would be not necessary because of the Settings of the crosstab or?

Greets,

André

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like you have the Key and Text setting for the member display on the 2nd and 3rd columns - if you want to only sort by text, perhaps switch the setting in the Edit > Initial View > Member Display > Text and Key

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre - I can sort more than just my first column; I am using a BEx Query against 1.4 SP2

Are you using a BEx Query as a datasource and 1.4 SP2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

thank you for your answer.

Yes I use a BEx Query as a datasource against DS 1.4 (SP2).

I have created a Crosstab with this datasource.

Do you have an idea what could be going wrong?

Do I need to set up any other Settings as within the crosstab function (sorting enabled)?

regards,

André

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andre -

Do you have sorting enabled on the Properties of the crosstab?  See my screen shot below: