Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM add-in doesn't open reports in new version BPC after restoring via UJBR

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using UJBR I backuped some environment from old version (NW7.3, CPMBPC800 sp8).

And then I restored it via UJBR to new clear system(NW7.4sr2, POASBC731, CPMBPC801 sp09 =CPMBPC800 sp16 ) successfull.

But when I'm loggin into this environment(in new system) EPM add-in cannot open any report, all reports is available but after I select report and click open nothing happens. Also EPM add-in is workin very and very slow, every action like open server folder or open data manager is freezes Excel for some time.

What could be the problem? May be I must run something else after restoring backup?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Daulet,

I think the problem is the backup file you did in BPC 800 sp8, then restore into a different version.

have a look at note 1934887

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Andy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daulet,

Yes, the issue is the SP difference: SP8 -> SP16. Please restore to some earlier SP version then upgrade to required SP, then backup again and finally restore on the production...

Vadim

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Vadim, Andy thanks.

I found some details. I tried to open reporst directly from UJBR backup, and it doesn't work, that means UJBR backup is corrupted. I download some report from source(old) via UJFS and then upload to target(new) system via UJFS and report works fine! Now I'm trying to download all reports from source.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bad idea, not only reports are corrupted! Please use the approach:

Vadim

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Vadim could you give me your skype? I'm speaking russian, I want to ask some questions. If we will find any resolution, I will post here.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I am not paid to answer you questions by phone Even in Russian!

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hi,Daulet

You can try re-generating dimension cache file and try to open report again.To re-generate dimension cache file:

execute T-code 'SE38' ->enter program name 'UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE'->select the environment Id and leave the 'dimension id' to be blank(since you need to refresh all the dimension not just one dimension ->check all the three checkboxes and execute.

After being successful, try to open the report again and see if it helps.

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Fred,

but it doesn't help.  Reporst from initial ENVIRONMENTSHELL working fine and epm add-in doesn't freezes, but resotored environment still doesn't work.

May be anything else?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE is useless in this case!