cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use Data Source Explorer to connect soap service with my work manager project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new in Agentry and I want to Consume soap service in work manager project.For that I add my service in data source explorer but I dont have any Idea that how can I go further in that to use this service in my project.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you consuming OData service or SOAP service ?  Your heading says something but looking at screen it is OData service.

I have not worked on OData service in Agentry but hopefully you can figure out rest of the steps:-

Here are some high level steps you can follow  depending on what your trying to do.

1. Open "Data Source Explorer" view->Eclipse, select "Window/Show View/Other->"Data Management/Data Source Explorer"

2. On "Data Source Explorer" view, ->"OData Connections"->right click and select "New...

3. Enter name of the connection profile.

4. Enter Service URI of in OData Connection Details

5. After "Test Connection", press "Finish" or click "Next" to view Summary.

6. Right click "Yourproject" node under "OData Connection", select connection. You will see "Entities"

7. Expand "ODataEntities", right click "Entityset", select "Agentry: Connector Studio\Object Wizard for OData".

8. Select a module to add odata connection, click "Next"; and click "Next"; and click "Next"

9. Check "Add", "Edit" and "Delete" on "Transaction Selection" screen.

10. Create your own screenset and platform as required.

11. Test the changes.

Thanks

Manju

CRVMANISH
Contributor
0 Kudos

Its SOAP web service , is it correct way to do it?

Regards

Manish

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm not sure about  SOAP  Web service .

Thanks

Manju.

CRVMANISH
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anyone from SAP help with this.

Regards

Manish

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Manish,

Can you  please describe what your trying to do with SOAP service?  And how are you planning to use SOAP service in Agentry application ?  Why SOAP service ?

Based  on your inputs we can look at other alternatives.

Thanks

Manju - SAP / RIG

CRVMANISH
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manju,

We are connecting agentry to oracle EAM system, they provide only SOAP web service to integrate.

For SOAP we are trying http-XML connection but it's getting difficult.

Please suggest what other ways can be used?

Regards

Manish

0 Kudos

You can use the Agentry HTTP/XML system connection for communication else you can use Java connection and invoke the web service from your StepHandler Class. The Java System Connection will give you flexibility to massage/translate data. You can find several sample projects on consuming web service via Java.

Thanks

Chandra

CRVMANISH
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide any example.

Regards

Manish