cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RadioButtons in Powerbuilder WebForm (V11.5.1, build 4964)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I having a RadioButtons style type for a field, with some item changed code to set other column to visible and invisible based on selection.

But when I click "Tab" on keyboard, it will tab through all the options in the radio buttons. Therefore, it will keeps on set visible and invisible based on selection.

Is there anyway to block the "tab" key press to tab through all the options and tab to the next column?

Please advice, thanks.

Regards,

VS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arnd_schmidt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To do this, you need to hire a Javascript Guru. I spent a lot of time during the WebForm times .. a couple of years ago .. to implement some goodies, but it does not pay off 😞

So inspect the dwcommon.js and see if you can pimp the FindNextTabItem () function.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnd;

Yes, the old Webforms feature was a bit "flacky" in a few areas when cross-compiling a PB feature over to C# & jScript. I agree ... VS might have to "tweak" the PB web forms generated code manually in order to get certain features to work properly.

VS: By the way, Webforms was feature was deprecated (removed) in PB 12.5.2 and higher.

FWIW: I would recommend having a look at Appeon Web for PB. Its far more robust and handling the TabOrder like I indicated above works perfectly.  FYI: http://www.appeon.com

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris, I will have a look at Appeon Web.

Regards,

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnd,

I add in the condtion objElement.type == "radio" in the while loop at FindNextTabItem function, and it works dramatically.

Thanks.

Regards,

VS

arnd_schmidt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great!!! So it turns out to be one of the easier modifications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS;

Just set the RB's "Tab Order" to zero (0).

Better yet, add an  associated Group Box around the RB's. The GB will act as a parent for the RB's. Now set the GB's TabOrder to zero.

PS: For a DataWindow, set the column whose EditStyle is RB to Zero (0)

HTH

Regards .. Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you want in some cases the the field with the radio buttons to become hidden? If yes you also have to set <DW Control Name>.Object.<Columnname>.TabSequence = 0 for the specific field. To make it again selectable you will have to modify again that property.

Andreas.