cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBMA ABAP Alerts: System is not writting to table SXMSALERTCONTENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am configuring CBMA alerts in central integration engine according below blog.

• I configured ALERTING_IS_ACTIVE and ALERTING_TARGET to 1.
  • I have created DEFAULT_ALERTRULE in Integration Directory and assigned default consumer ALERT-TO-MAIL.
  • I have created distribution list in SO23
  • I have scheduled the report SXMSALERT_SEND_VIA_MAIL
  • All SMTP configurations are set up in PI

I have restated the erros in the system but nothing is writing to table SXMSALERTCONTENT and there is no alerts are triggering. Please help me regarding this.

Regards,

Rachana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you notice the comments under the above blog, a user fixed this issue by creating a separate rule than the default rule.

You might want to try that..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I have created another alert rule but still no lock there are no entries in the table SXMSALERTCONTENT. I restarted the failed messages in sxi_monitor and the cache also updated with new alert rule in sxi_cache.

Regards,

Rachana.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachana,

• I configured ALERTING_IS_ACTIVE and ALERTING_TARGET to 1.

Have you restarted the server after you change the parameters in SXMB_ADM??

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachana,

I found the problem about the integration engine alerts not working with DEFAULT_ALERTRULE.

The reason is in the default alert rule we did not mention any objects in integration directory.

ABAP stack save these header rules in table called SALRTHDRRULE and this table was empty. When system try to raise an alert the system is checking whether any entries in this table, if nothing then it is not throwing any alert.

So you have to create separate alert rule and attach the objects then the alerts will work for those objects only, if you want this to work for all the interfaces we need to enter all stars (*) in this table.

So better to log a call to SAP, for now you can work with separate alert rule as Hareesh suggested with adding the objects to the alert rule.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (0)