cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central HUB and HR Renewal (ESS / MSS via Suite Pagebuilder)

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

We are currently in the process of upgradring our system landscape - with a SAP Gateway deployed as a Central Hub. The first thing we are going to do is to upgrade our Manager Self Service. Today we use the portal, but in the future we only want to use the Suite Page Builder Application - providing access to Manager Self Service in SAPUI5.  - Later - when the Launchpad is merged with NWBC HTML into a combined launchpad - we might consider this. But until then  -we will skip our portal, and only use the suite page builder.

As of now - we have done some prototyping - on our sandbox environment - where the gateway was installed on the server server (local gateway).

But now that gateway has been deployed as a central hub - i want to be sure that we a on the right track - with our architectural considerations - regarding  deployment and distribution of our users.

As I understand it:

We have to access the suite-page-builder application (The UI5 application) from the Central Hub Gateway - ie this Netweaver Server has its Webserver exposed and serves the html pages to our end users.  And then the masterdata is off course served as ODATA to the UI5 applications - all running on the central hub - and reading data from the backend server (our HR Server).

The Pagebuilder therefore also has to be configured on the central hub system, as well as the pfcg roles, the launchpad (lpd_cust) customizing. 

As a result of this- we will have to create all our users with login details and role assignment on the central hub right?

Is the above approach the right one?

Best regards
Ronni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Again!

OK - so now we have activated our Central Gateway,

And there is trust between the gateway system and the local hcm system.

I am a bit confused however - because we dont have all the ESS / MSS applications installed on the gateway  - only their odata services.

Do wee need to install the business packages on the gateway system to?  Or am i missing out something - regarding the acrhitecture / best practice in how to use the central hub?

br

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ronni,

No, you do not install business addons in your Gateway(Hub) server.

Gateway servers tasks are

- Registering services (implementation of these services is in backend)

- OData library (parsing/building)

Gateway server should ideally have nothing related to business logic.

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for you reply -

What about the differencet UI5 applications?

The ESS and MSS applications in use ie. hress_teamcdr_g (the teamcalendar).

the odata service is:

HRESS_TEAM_CALENDAR_SERVICE which is on the gateway hub off-course

But what server should "serve" the ui5 application: hress_teamcdr_g

First i thought that i should be on the hub - if not - then should it be on the hcm server?

if so - then the scenario would be something like:

• HCM server serves the UI5 application
  • UI5 application connects to HUB
  • HUB uses RFC to connect to HCM to get master data
  • HUB delivers odata with masterdata from HCM - to the UI5 application running on HCM.

This seems a bit "non-sene" at least in a HCM only scenario.

i thought the scenario would be:

• HUB serves the UI5 application,
  • UI5 applications gets odata from HUB
  • HUB connects to HCM to get masterdata via rfc

The above scenario - would of course - require the UI5 application to be installed on the HUB system?

Am I on the right track?

br Ronni

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Second scenario is right.

UI5 application is served by the HUB server.

UI5 app calls the OData service which is served by the HUB, but implemented in backend.

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna!
Thanks for your reply
Ok - i guess we are missing some components on our HUB server then.

Because we havent installed any of the HR Renewal components on the HUB - they are only installed in the HCM system.

Does this mean - that we have to install all of theese packages on the hub as well:

Best regards

Ronni

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not all apps in above list are UI5 apps. gateway server hosts only UI5 apps.

Webdynpro apps use server side technology, so they have to be in the backend itself.

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna!

Thank you for your help.

I will try to locate the required software to be installed on the HUB.

the above list was just a suggest - but as you can see - there are som requirements - ie. HCM_MSS_UI5_1 requires HCM_MSS_WDA2 and so on.

Br Ronni

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keep in mind that HCM_MSS_UI5_1 is a Business function, not the name of the UI5 app.

All UI5 apps are delivered as Fiori apps.

All Fiori apps are here. https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/

Filter HCM apps there and in the detail page, it will give the software components required on Gateway.

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna!

Thats exactly the information we need!

Thanks alot

br Ronni

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again

I just found out - that we actually miss this component on the HUB system:

UIX01HCM

Am I right - in assuming that installing this - will add the HR Renewal (ESS/MSS/HRPRO) UI components?

Br
Ronni

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is for the earlier version of HR apps. There is version 2 for most of the HR apps. If you see inside, you will see that the component required is UIHR001 100

Since you are starting now better to with the latest version.

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna!

Thanks for your reply.

as you can see some post' ago in this thread - we allready have that package on our HUB.

i am afraid that the HR Renewal component - in fact - is not a part of the UIHR... package.

It is very hard to find any information - but as far as i can read- we have to do some "forwarding" on the gateway hub - so that request pointing to /sap/ui5*** should be redirected to the backend system where the UI5 HR Renewal applications are located.

Br Ronni

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/0a/a5665239086d2de10000000a44176d/frameset.htm

Hi Ronni,

I believe you are right. We need to create roles needed and assign them to users in the HUB system as well. Please see above link for more details.

Regards

Prabaharan Asokan

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabaharan Asokan,
Thank you for your reply,

It looks like we got the right idea then

br

Ronni