cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block a PO due to SVT and obtain the PO in CBRC21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The standard SAP functionality allows PO to go on hold once the tracked substance of the material reaches threshold quantity.

However when I save a PO with qty. less than threshold qty, the PO gets saved. Now when we increase the qty. above the threshold, the PO is allowed to save and the GR can be processed. How can we resolve this with some customization?

We tried to obtain the PO line item on block status EKPO-LOEKZ = 'S', whenever the threshold limits are reached but when a PO line item goes on block the order doesn't show up in CBRC21.

How can we ensure that the blocked orders are shown in CBRC21?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kalyan

a.) we are not using your scenario; therefore I can provide only general hints

b.) the "PO" blocking is done mostly using customer code (If I remember correct SAP SVT documentation)

But your topic is quite interesting. But to help may be we need to write down the "specific"situation.

Let us start with scenario without blocking (to make it simple)

a:) you generate PO (and we image that it should be tracked). Now you get a "open" PO line (with reference to PO) in CBRC20

b.) then you start goods movement. Here the "trick" is coming up. The PO is closed only if PO is satistifed. This is not always happening in one step.  Now in CBRC20 you should always should see the "current" threshold limit as the update in SAP tables is done once a day (normally)

c.) Now let us image that during a "life time" of PO the threshold limits will change. Then per day you should get different limit display in CBRc20

d.) if PO is closed then the relevant amounts of tacking result are moved to different SAP table

Now coming back to your scenario:; I am not aware of any kind of SAP standard functionality like:

Let us imagine you have opened PO with out goods movement and then increased limits. I would expect that during the goods movement the system should compare to new values. BUt nothing will happen regarding "history". The "problem" is now: the PO is open with out "hold function". But during goods movement you need to "block"; So on high level after change of limit any "open" PO sould be rechecked so that PO can get "on hold" status. This is not done according to my knowlegde of SVT by SAP standard.

Can you provide feedback if my scenario is fitting your explanation?

C.B.

PS: there are some OSS notes existing; but I assume they are not relevant for you. But check may be:

Note 1428393:Error during a regulation check in transation CBRC21

Note 1397775:Unblocking sales documents in transaction CBRC21

Note 1263281:Holding purchase orders

In SAP Marketplace you will find some OSS nots listing the "limitations" of SVT. There is some guidance (if I remember correct9 as well in context of PO topic and the "on hold function"

E.G. http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=905726

list here some OSS notes in this context

PPS: may be check this thread.

Could be of interest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for you reply.

I agree with you that the standard doesn't put the PO back to hold on increasing the PO qty and that's the concern we have.

We would like to ensure that PO gets saved and tracked with the increased qty. but at the same time be blocked for further process of GR.  This way we track the new increased qty but the goods cannot be received and the order is displayed in CBRC21. When the registration qty. of the tracked substance is increased the PO can then be unblocked.

How do customers generally use the SVT blocks on PO? Is there generally any custom developments that is done on the SVT PO blocks and that can be shared ? As i notice hold functionality is only on create and not change.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kalyan

based on your additional doubts may be we still are not 100% "aligned". Therefore I need to ask some questions

1.) Create PO: If PO is created and values in PO are "bigger" on component level as allowed (bigger as threshold limits) the PO should get on Hold

2.:) Now you can increase threshold limit of component and set PO to "unhold": buT in life time there can be the need to increape PO content as well

Now coming back to your explanation: YOu have had a PO; it was on hold, then you released it and then you changed content of PO: is this your process? I believe this is one case of "limitation" in SAP standard.

BUt you need to "differentiate" what happens in CBRC20. I am not"100%" sure if higher PO content will be reflected in CBRC20; but is 100% clear is: if you increase threshold limit of component this will be reflected in CBRC20.

Comin back to:

How do customers generally use the SVT blocks on PO? Is there generally any custom developments that is done on the SVT PO blocks and that can be shared ? As i notice hold functionality is only on create and not change.

SVT is quite complex (and does have limitations). If you check the "real" life in your company you can be luckily to fulfill 50% (may be 70%) of the needs of e.g. REACh using SAP standard.

So let us split your question:

How do customers generally use the SVT blocks on PO? => I don't know; we use other approach here

Is there generally any custom developments that is done on the SVT PO blocks and that can be shared  => if there is a customer development available I am pretty sure nobody well share

As i notice hold functionality is only on create and not change.=> this is what can I remember what SVT can do and what is supported

So in most cases companies are trying to use "workarounds" etc. but these are depending on organisation and demands; therefore I woukld assume. no general valid process can be applied.

Coming back to your statement:

We would like to ensure that PO gets saved and tracked with the increased qty. but at the same time be blocked for further process of GR.

I believe the only chance is to check day by day content  of CBRC20. Based on GR SVT goes on with calculation until the PO is completly satisfied. Therefore if threshold limit is exceeded you should get a "warning" signal (green, yellow, red); may be the eMail integration in SVT might help here as well. BUt I am 80% sure that you will not get "blocked" the PO once again. Sorry.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am still working on a solution and will update once successfully done.

I have decided to configure  the PO Release Strategy and with the help of a developer trigger it when the PO is relevant for SVT block.

This will always ensure that:

1) PO gets blocked during creation due to SVT instead of hold using the Release Strategy.

2) During PO change, an increase in qty. will trigger the release strategy and put the PO on block.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kalyan

thanks for sharing to the community which kind of approach are you now looking for. According to my knowledge: this is "standard" SAP MM one (Release strategy) but not standard SVT function as explained by SAP. In any case. I believe you will find a solution for your customer. In the background you can use SVT data.

C.B.