cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leads Confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently confused with Leads, Sales Leads and Marketing Leads. It could be a big help to know what's the business process behind those 3 in SAP C4C.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note the lead object that you are using.

It should be "Leads" and not "Sales Leads" that you are using for the transaction.

Sales Leads have been made obsolete in favor of Leads as regards the C4C public cloud SaaS offering.

Please check the service based on the following instructions as well:

You can define the maximum number of conversions that may occur for a lead before no further opportunities can be created, and thereby enable your users to create multiple opportunities from a single lead. To do so, proceed as follows:

• Click Maintain Conversion Limit.
  • On the subsequent screen, define the maximum number of opportunities into which a lead may be converted.
  • Choose Save and Close.

Guidance regarding Sales Leads:

We recommend that new SAP Cloud for Customer implementations do not activate the business topic Sales Lead Management (obsolete). We further recommend that all SAP Cloud for Customer implementations use the business topic   Sales  Lead Management  Leads to capture data that relates to leads. For more information, see Enabling Features in Scoping for SAP Cloud for Sales.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushkar,

I created a lead using Sales > Leads > New. I did not use an existing account. Subsequently, when I tried to associate the lead to Account & Contact, I got the error "Failed to save! Error(s) occurred during data synchronization". I selected an account that has 100% similarity. Please advise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Wei Ling

manisht83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pushkar,

I have created new lead with existing master data and while saving getting error message - sales org is missing. we don't have any sales data tab on Leads to fill sales org manually.

WR,

Manish

DAcker
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the strategic best practice workflow process for these objects: Leads, Sales-Leads, Opportunity?

I as well read often that sales-leads are deprecated and replaced with (Marketing-)Leads, but why is in the new object Lead the possibility to convert it to "sales lead"? That's confusing...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DLasich
Explorer

HI,

I agree with Vishwas. Why do we still find Sales Leads in documentation if it is deprecated? Today you can still assign a Sales Sales Lead workcenter. Should this be used or IS it deprecated? Even in the help in C4C you can find information on Sales Lead. Very confusing to read this in 2020 and it is still in Help in C4C.

Regards,

Doris

vishwas_more
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Pushkar,

The user guide still have the "Leads" and "Sales Leads" mentioned which I think need to be updated.

Regards

Vishwas More

kamran_farooqui
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

We have Marketing & Sales Leads in C4C, Marketing leads does not require business partner (existing bp) while for Sales lead you need to have bp exists in the database.

Basically it'll avoid the creation of any BP which is not relevant to the business. If Marketing Lead gets covert into Sales Lead or Opportunity then BP will get automatically created by the system. If you want to covert then you can do it manually also.

It helps for the companies who are very much engage in marketing and also don't want to create unnecessary accounts (BP's), also if the customer don't want to take Sales he can still get leads under marketing functionality.

Hope above clarification helps you to understand the difference between two.

Regards,

K.F.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about the Lead?