Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading SAP Business One 8.82 to 9.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Good day to you!!!

As I am going to upgrade my 8.82 database to 9.1, I have some queries to be clarified. Please find the below :

Q1. Is License also need to be upgrade after upgrading the database and SAP Client. If yes, suggest me the process to upgrade Licenses??

Q2. Can we access (make transactions) in the upgraded database without assigning the license.(Like 30 days trail version how we are using for new database). If yes, how can we do that. If not what is the solution.

Q3.  Can I access the 8.82 database with the upgraded 9.1 SAP client version ?

Example: I am having 3 entities in my current SAP B1 version 8.82 like DBase1, DBase2 and DBase3. and I am having all the licenses are different for all the different databases.

Now, if I am upgrading only DBase1 to 9.1 along with its licenses(if needed), parallelly the client system also will upgrade according to that.

So, after that upgrading process of client - can we access the 8.82 databases from the upgraded client system with their respective licenses???.  If yes, please suggest me. so that I can go for the next level of my upgrading process.

Kindly help me out on these above queries. Hope you will share / suggest me the best as much as you can.

Thank You,

Ravi Teja.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

silambarasan_rajendran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Teja,

In my experience,

Q1. Is License also need to be upgrade after upgrading the database and SAP Client. If yes, suggest me the process to upgrade Licenses??

Yes you have to buy additional license. you can refer the following link.

Q2. Can we access (make transactions) in the upgraded database without assigning the license.(Like 30 days trail version how we are using for new database). If yes, how can we do that. If not what is the solution.

NO

Q3.  Can I access the 8.82 database with the upgraded 9.1 SAP client version ?

NO

Thanks & Regards,

Silambu

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically, the best way is to contact your vendor first and ask them to get 9.1 license first before you do the upgrade.

Just remember 8.8's license is different from 9.1. You might need more user license.

Frank