cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP faults with "Do not use SOAP envelope"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario is IDOC -->PI-->Webservice(SOAP async)

When I am not using "Do not Use SOAP envelope" option I was able to see the soap faults details.

But if I use "Do not use SOAP envelope", faults details are not getting viewed in the communication channel audit log.

Error in communication channel says "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error"

Please let me know if there is a way to see the soap fault message details. I do not want to switch the interface to synchronous mode.

Thanks

Suma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Use this MTB in your channel..

Parameter Name as XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode and Parameter Value as True.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Check,

1. What is the message needed in the endpoint with an external tool like SOAPui

2. Check if SOAP envelope is needed if you are wrapping the payload with the SOAP envelope correctly.

3. Check the data that you are sending, sometimes if the data is not right the endpoint raises an exception.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only when target system raises a soap fault, I am not able to view fault details. I need that fault details to be viewed in communication channel instead of HTTP 500 Internal server error.

Scenario is working for all positive cases.

Thanks

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

The problem is in the endpoint, they are not generating a SOAP response with its SOAP:FAULT tag. You should talk with the endpoint developers in order to response a SOAP:FAULT tag.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

soap faults are returned from end points. I could view that when I am not selecting "Do not use soap envelope" option in receiver channel.

But in my requirement, I have to use "Do not use soap envelope"  and I need to view the fault details in audit log of communication channel.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Are you under PI 7.0 or Xi 3.0?, in this case you need to add a module bean as this note explains   1533195 - Receiver SOAP adapter in no-soap mode: target system faults

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

This note is not applicable for my scenario as the note is specifically for synchronous interface. But anyway I have tried this option and it is not working. There are no errors in communication channel and I am not able to view fault details in audit log.

But mine is asynchronous scenario and I want to view fault details in audit log of communication channel.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Try with

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with suggestion from ambuj. This is not working.

I will try with

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

I have the same problem , I can not get the fault with the option of " Do not use soap envelope" in CC Soap Receiver.

Try with  XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode and XMBWS.GenerateSysAck but had no success.

Did you find the solution?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue was not solved.

Parameter wont help - XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode for option Do not SOAP envelope.

I checked with SAP and they have mentioned that it is the existing behavior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Suma,

No choice but to wait then.

Regards,