cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation management Tool error UTM 20070

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am faced with an issue for some documents using the translation management tool.

Environment BI4.1 SP4.7

Whenever the document is selected from the CMS and added in the TMT, error appears without any obvious reasons.

Error message is: Failed to read document UTM 20070

Can you please help.

Regards,

Tunwiir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aniko_tormova
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tunwir,

Please, read the below SAP KBA with the workaround : http://scn.sap.com/thread/3743641

1. Log on to CMC
2. Stop and disable the existing Adaptive Processing Server.
3. Create a new Adaptive Processing Server with all the services except “Translation Service”.
4. Create another Adaptive Processing Server  which will only “Translation Service”. You may name it as TM-Adaptive_Processing_Server.
5. Now, go to the command line for both these new Adaptive Processing Server’s one by one and increase the Java heap size limit to "-Xmx2g". Refer to SAP KB #1647178 for the detailed steps.
6. Start and Enable both the new Adaptive Processing Server’s.

Also, I suggest to test your reports:
For. e.g. first with the default efashion Webi Sample reports, if the tool is working properly.

Best Regards,
Aniko

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are facing the same problem in BI 4.1 SP 5: Whenever we try to open certain reports in Translation manager, the report will not open and we get the UTM 20070 error. However, certain other reports can be opened.

Here are a few things we've tried:

- We accessed a report in a 4.0 repository using the 4.1 SP 5 Translation manager: This works fine and the translations can be re-exported.

- Then, the same report was transported from the 4,0 into the 4.1 repository using Promotion management. The report can be opened in WebI (both rich client and on the web), however, translation manager will throw the above error message and not open the report.

- Funny enough, the translations as such do work in the 4.1 environment! Unfortunately, they cannot be changed anymore...

- We then cleared all content from the report and saved it locally. When opening this report in TMGR, it still throws the error.

- Of course, we tried the above solution with a separate adaptive process server fro translation manager, but to no positive effect.

However, as mentioned, some reports can be opened, even such that use getlocalized(). However, for these reports no actual translations have been saved, so maybe the problem lies in the .tmgr file?

I wondered if the following might be worth a thought:

The 'official' UTM 20070 error refers to accessing the wrong repository, so I wondered if there is a reference to the repository or the version in the .tmgr file that for some reason doesn't get changed during the migration process? I know that this would not explain the still working translations (unless they don't use the .tmgr repository information).

It would however explain the reports that can be opened as the .tmgr probably only gets created as soon as the first translation is being saved.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best regards

Felix

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I strongly recommend you contact Support and qualify your incident with the detail above. Good luck!

0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

The correction will be available in the official version of:

- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 Support Package 06 Patch 2.

The SAP Note corresponding to this issue is: 2197689.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2197689.

According to the maintenance policy, the fix will be also available in all other upper releases.

The delivery date of those releases as well as the maintenance schedule and strategy can be found using the Knowledge Base Article 2144559. http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2144559

Best Regards,
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tunwir,

If the report name contains an ampersand, (&) rename report and remove the ampersand character.

This might be a workaround for this issue, please check/try and do share your feedback.

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for getting back.

I saved the report without any accents and still issue persists.

Regards,

Tunwiir

former_member230417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please enable tracing on the APS containing the translation service to get the exact error message.

Also what is the difference between the reports that give the error message and those which are working?

Regards,

Nachiket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nachiket,

I will revert back when i have my hands on the logs.

No apparent difference.

Regards,

Tunwiir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Had a look at the logs today. Only interesting thing is this:

com.businessobjects.foundation.language.LangException$LanguagesDirectoryNotFoundException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Languages

Regards,

Tunwiir

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried to open it from Infoview or preferrably in WebI Rich Client?  It seems the document is corrupted in FRS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

Yes i have re exported the document a few times without any issues. Report works fine and translation is available to users..

Only when importing in the TMT that issue is happening.

Regards,

Tunwiir

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I try to reference your error against Error mesages guide I am getting this. It seems you are using a different CMS details.

You are not authorized to use this document.\n\nThe document belongs to another CMS. You cannot open...

Cause

Unable to open cause this document was authorized by another CMS.

Login correct CMS and try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I came across this too but its not the same error message unfortunately.

Error message is in french but in english it would be failed to read document.