cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with parameters in crystal reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day, I am newbie in crystal reports.

I have to do a report on cryatal him out of a database in SQL, I'm doing a SQL query by the command. and I need you to run the report, this me the option to choose all users, some or one in specific, I understand that this is done by parameter fields, to run it without parameters shows me 5949 which is the same number of records It shows me the SQL query parameters and putting on shows me only 3312 records.

what I do is this:

create a new parameter field, I put it dynamic and the value choose the field that I want to make the filter, which in my case is "last name" and opted in to allow multiple values, with this I can place all parameters in the filter and comparing the amount of rejistros.

then I go to the menu bar report / select expert / record. and I select "is equal to" option from the dropdown menu and choose the pointer {?} Last Name

what I notice is that some of the "last name" do not appear

Why can this be happening?

I appreciate if I can orient

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see my blog post here that talks about working with commands:  .  Part of this talks about using parameters with commands - DO NOT create the parameter in the main report, create it in the Command.

You'll want to use a table separate from your command to provide the data for the parameter.

By default, Crystal will only show the first (I believe) 1000 entries in a parameter.  You have to set a registry key to get more to show.  You don't say which version of Crystal you're using, but for CR 2013, you'll do the following:

1) Open the registry and browse to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suite XI 4.1\Crystal  Reports\DatabaseOptions

2) Create a new key (or folder) called 'LOV' here and then on the panel to the right, create a new string value called 'MaxRowsetRecords' with a value higher than 1000, perhaps around 20000.

3) Do this on the HKEY_LOCAL _MACHINE hive as well.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have crystal 2008

My register lacks the route:

\Business Objects\Suite XI 4.1\Crystal  Reports\DatabaseOptions

what can i do?

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alfredo,

The path for CR 2008 on a 64-bit machine would be:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal  Reports\DatabaseOptions

If you're using a 32-bit machine then the path would be:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, problem solved.

but I have another problem.

I made the changes in a computer with Crystal Report installed; however, in a computer that will only run the report (only viewer installed), the path does not exist.  the path goes to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\.  The DatabaseOptions is missing. 

I also need to setup the report to be run on a Terminal Server Windows 2008

Thanks,

Alfredo

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you said you have Crystal Reports 2008 - this is version 12.x. Using a viewer of a lower version is not a good idea, better a viewer of v. 12.x or higher.

CR 2013 (v. 14.1.x) viewer can be downloaded from here:

I suggest you uninstall the v. 11.5 viewer and install v.. 14.1

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

the report is created in crystal and run from an application using crystal reports.

to run the report in the application, does not come out completely.

I solved this in my computer following the above advice, how can I make these changes on a Windows 2008 server that does not have crystal reports?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But what version runtime is on the WIN 2008 server? Is it version 12.x or 11.5?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is not in crystal, because if you show me all the data.

the problem is when you try to open since the implementation of NextGen to open it does not show me all the data, what can I do?