SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Signature in Portal

tacoschuurs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

For some of our customers in the educational market we do need to implement an electronical signature for students to enter the NWBC portal.

I am looking in the web and in SCN but unfortunate i did not find a solid solution yet.

Case: Via de website of the university the student goes to the NWBC portal which is linked to the SLcM system. The Student (or applicant) has received a login ID with passwort. Next to this the universtity needs to know that the person who is logging in, is indeed the person who belongs to the user name / password. In order to have this verification, we do need need to have some electronic signature (standard SAP??).

Has anyone any experience with this and if yes, how is this solved?

Looking for the answers, thanks in advance.

Regards

Taco

3 REPLIES 3

0 Kudos

Dear Taco,

I am wondering if  you really need an electronique signature for your use case ?

An electronique signature is associated with a document: it will certify that the signee (certificate owner) saw the document (and the document was not tampered) and agree witht the content. The value of electronique signature will highly rely on the agreement level of the identity  provider and the legal surrounding framework (eg. in Europe you may need a SSD to make it legally binding - TBC ).

Maybe you are more looking into strong authentication mechanism (that can also be based on certificate and may rely internally on signature), currently NW SSO provide you some services in this respect:

you may check : (http://scn.sap.com/community/sso/blog/2014/05/12/stronger-authentication-with-one-time-password-solu...) or check the new SAP Cloud Identity Service (https://help.hana.ondemand.com/cloud_identity/frameset.htm)

I hope this help,

Best Regards,

jc

0 Kudos

Dear jc,

Thanks for the answer.

The links you send are helpful, appreciated.

Internally we will look now for the best solution we can provide the different Universities.

Regards

Taco

0 Kudos

My pleasure ! Let keep us in the loop and please come back to us especially if you need information about electronic signature. jc