SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set up bom for sales article

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

looking for the best solution, I have finished products that once sold, the sales  need to come back into SaP and explode the BOM back to component level.  Its not a manufactured product, example sold cup of coffee, but stock break down must be on coffee, sugar, milk, cup etc...

not sure what BOM type I set up for retail?

anyone done anything similar?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

I would suggest you create structured article ( sales set ) for the coffee using 317 movement type and it will consume the component maintained in sales set article master which result in stock level reduction of component stock

Praful

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

In SAP IS Retail, we have Sales set articles which contains components like any other BOM.

By standard, when Sales set is posted back to ERP, the inventory is updated on component level.

Secondly, there is a configuration but I am not sure it will work while posting the sales (means while PGI is being done during IDoc posting). You can test in your quality environment. For configuration, follow the given SPRO path.

SPRO: Logistics General -> Material Master -> Retail-specific Settings -> Settings for Structured Materials -> Structured Article in Logistic Process. Select Transaction key 200 for Good Receipt and try posting sales in quality environment.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are facing the same scenario but with a little bit more complexity, with cakes instead of coffe as structured articles (sales set). The flour is the main component and it is being procured from several suppliers. At first option, logistical variants seem to be the solution to manage this situation (I mean to create the flour as generic article and one article variant for each supplier)

Q1. According to SAP documentation (Standard functions not supported in retail) we must use the article variant as an ítem in the super bill of material. I assumed it is talking about BOM for sales set, am I right?

Q2. When goods receipt in the store is posted for variant articles, stock is automatically transfered to the generic article. How I should configure automatic replenishment (F&R) in order to procure the right article variant considering that it would be always with Zero stock?

This is just the beggining, regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you I'll try it out

regards Lynn

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you also have to consider the UOM used.

Each component using different UOM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

I would suggest you create structured article ( sales set ) for the coffee using 317 movement type and it will consume the component maintained in sales set article master which result in stock level reduction of component stock

Praful

0 Kudos

hello

we have decided to use sales sets as suggested.  One issue, I want to change the Each unit of measure to include decimals for some of the components.  Have you tried this?

thanks