cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass approval in the Fiori My Inbox application for BPM

Former Member

Hi

I want to set the mass approval in the my inbox apps.

First , I saw the following document to add action buttons(approve and reject) for SAP Business Workflow.

But I use BPM, how can I add the action buttons?

And I also saw the My Inbox Help:

App Implementation: My Inbox - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

In the "Configuring a Task and Decisions" section, the following statement wrote:

"This section is only relevant if you are implementing the My Inbox application for your SAP Business Workflow"

Is it possible to set mass approval in the My Inbox for BPM?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everyone can help me?

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sekiichi ryu,

Mass approval is possible for both BPM and BWF type of tasks.

Only that you have to model/configure these actions in BPM.

Documentation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/f0/9eaea389c34d83ac10460ed87a51ac/content.htm

For BWF and BPM, there are different ways to provide these actions. The documentation you mentioned only talks about BWF, but it can also be done in BPM.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr Prashanth

Thank you so so much!

In the above documentation,it require workflow id and step id,it seems suit for BWF, but how to set them in BPM?

Can I use the gateway decision option for BPM as well?

Best regards.

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi sekiichi ryu,

Decision options for configured in backend system. Please see the document section below

This provides steps to configure decisions only for BWF system. In BPM, decision options are called Custom Actions. This document
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/f0/9eaea389c34d83ac10460ed87a51ac/content.htm

provides how to model or configure Custom actions for BPM which will eventually shown as action buttons in My Inbox. You do not need to do any other configuration in Gateway to show these buttons in My Inbox. Only limitation is, you will not be able to specify the 'Nature" of the action as 'Posititve' or 'Negetive' which will indicates button color as Green or Red.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr  Prashanth

Thank you so so much.

I spent a little time to make the existed tasks to show the decision buttons, but failed.

After I create a new task, and set the custom actions in the new task, the decision buttons show in the my inbox.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me how to select multiple tasks in the my inbox for the mass approval?

When I clicked the button above the search field, the dialog of "select task type" appeared, all the tasks were shown in the dialog, after I select one task in the dialog , only the selected task was shown in the master list.

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi sekiichi ryu,

"Select Task Type" dialog will not show all the tasks but all the task types. The task types are nothing but task definitions on which multiple task instances are created. My Inbox allows mass action on a group of tasks which belong to a particular task type (also called as Task Definition).

Since you have selected "All Items" tile, it shows all the task types. Once you select a task type, All the tasks belonging to that task type are listed from which you can select all or some tasks and execute an action shown in the footer.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr Prashanth

Thank you very much again.

I am so sorry ,I am new to BPM.

Would you please tell me how to set multiple tasks into same task type (Task Definition)?

I also try "Configuring the SAP Fiori Launchpad for Scenario-Specific Tiles" , after I click the button above the search field, the following javascript error appeared:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'title' of undefined

I debug the my inbox source code and found the reason:

After the task type ID(TaskDefinitionID) saved in the Scenario, the TaskDefinitionID's value was converted into UpperCase automatically.

So in the my inbox source code, the TaskDefinitionID's value is different with the origin TaskDefinitionID.

Best Regards

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi sekiichi ryu,

It depends on how you have modeled your BPM Process. I assume it is a simple process which has one or more tasks from start to end and when you start the process a task gets generated.

So, you just need to generate new tasks by starting the process again and again (for testing).

Go to the this document

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3317

page no 54 on 'Executing Process' where it is explained how to start a process. Every time you start a process, one or more tasks will be generated (depending on your modeling). When you chose a task type in My Inbox, all these tasks will be listed and mass action can be executed on them.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Prashanth

Thank you very much for your answer.

I think that is just for testing purpose and the generated tasks are all same.

Is it possible to mass approve multiple Different tasks?

Best regards.

Ryu

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi sekiichi ryu,

No It is not possible to execute mass action on different task types same time.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Prashanth

Thank you very much for your answer.

Is it possible to set different tasks  as the same task type.

Best regards.

Ryu

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi sekiichi ryu,

No It is not possible to set different tasks  as the same task type.

-Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Prashanth

Thank you again for your answer.

Best regards.

Ryu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashantha,

I've a requirement of removing certain task types from the Mass Action button.

Where can I remove these.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Pratik.

Answers (0)