cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create External Alias for FIORILAUNCHPAD.html using SICF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have been searching in the forum on how to create External Alias using SICF. The closest I could find is the one posted by Masayuki (). But this doesn't solve my problem.

So, here's the scenario:

I have a requirement to display a link (Fiori Link for PO Approval) in the workflow task description. Unfortunately, the Fiori URL is too long and the task description can accommodate upto 80 chars. I am thinking of using External Alias to shorten the Fiori URL.

As explained earlier, I managed to create External Alias.

So, let's say this is my Fiori URL

HTTP://xxxxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:nnnn/SAP/BC/UI5_UI5/UI2/USHELL/SHELLS/ABAP/FIORILAUNCHPAD.HTML?SAP-...

I have created an External Alias /fiori for /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell. In this way, I managed to reduce the length from 136 to 116 chars. But this is still unacceptable because the length exceeds 80 chars.

My question is: How do I create External Alias for the complete FioriLaunchPad.html (/SAP/BC/UI5_UI5/UI2/USHELL/SHELLS/ABAP/FIORILAUNCHPAD.HTML)?

Can I also define SAP Client (in my case is 210) and the Application (in my case is ZPURCHASEORDER-APPROVE) in the External Alias?

Thanks.

Eka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eka,

There is the standard SAP Fiori Approve Purchase Order app. Is there any reason for not using the app from Launchpad? Which inbox do you use?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

We are using SAP Workflow for PO Approval. In the Workflow, we sent a notification using Workflow Task to the PO approver. Currently, from the workflow, there are links to release PO. However, it is requested to have a URL to approve PO from Fiori application.

The requirement is to display this URL in the workflow task. Unfortunately, there's limitation to what we can display in the Workflow Task Description. The Fiori for PO approval is truncated when we display it in Workflow Task Description. I have tried to divide it into 4 variables, however, the HTML will automotically give a line break <br></> for each variable.

Do you have any other solutions for this?

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Eka

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eka,

Please look at .

Raghava Vakadahas shared a solution in the .

Fiori My Inbox is also available.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for taking time to reply my post. I think this is more into workflow issue rather than Fiori.

Thanks,

Eka

babu_ganeshv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eka, Not the best way but this worked for me- see if this helps

Create an external alias pointing to an inactive service (any inactive service/create a new one and deactivate it)

in the Error Pages tab->Not Accessible

chose redirect to URL - enter your Fiori URL - /SAP/BC/UI5_UI5/UI2/USHELL/SHELLS/ABAP/FIORILAUNCHPAD.HTML

under logon data tab you can set the client

Best Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried that option, however, when I clicked from workflow inbox, the URL didn't work.

Thanks,

Eka