cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change master not able to be used in Specification

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

I was trying to use Change number for the existing change for the specification . The key date and Change number is alwasya greyed out . How can I get rid of this and able to use Change NUmber ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

check: Engineering Change Management for Specifications - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

Refer to this subchapter:

Activities

To work with a change number, or to change a key date, click on the date using the quick info Key Date for Editingin the navigation area of specification management.

The Global Parameters dialog screen appears. You can set a change number and the key date on this dialog screen.

If you set the Keep Setting indicator, your settings are stored for the next time you access specification management.

To delete your entries again, choose with the quick info text Reset Parameter .

Hope this helps

C.B.

PS: you should use (and work woth) Change numbers only ! if you have a good (super/perfect etc.) knowledge about the general SAP framework in EHS

Th use of "Change numbers" in EHS-BD increases the "complexity" of the system (and required knowledeg of endusers) a lot. Therefore the use of "Change numbers" is in most cases related to EHS-DG only.

PPS: if you dig "deeper" here in EHS FORUM you will find not more than roughly10 threads discussing "Change numbers". And any discussion shows that the use etc. of them are not "easy" and can be frustrating. E.g. check:

Especially if you are using e.g. services from SAP (or others) you should avoid te usse of them. On the top: never done an analysis: but I would expect that the use of Change numberswill as well "slow" down the performance. This includes:

a.) use of output output variants / rule sets

b.) inquieries/quiries

c.) generation of reports

Keep in mind: you could use change numberds as well in context of report generation. DON'T TRY IT (technically it will work; no doubtM but the system complexity is increased; you will noot be happy...)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

the use of "Change numbers" in context of EHS is not easy. Please check the SAP online. I am not sure about feedback of Mr EHS. According to my knowlegde; if you "apply" the change number according to my knowledge no such object is checked.May be check;: 

The use of change numbers in EHS seems to be limited; there are not that much threads existing asking questions.

C.B.

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Your authorization is missing: Check the ECM authorization.

• C_AENR_BGR (get access to possible entries for change)

ACTVT
(activity)

Create
Change
Display
Delete (change master)
Enter (change number in object)

Digital signature
Schedule (change number)

Don't try to change validity dates. Out of 2, you can not change from, if its history date, but you may/can change "Valid to" (with appropriate authorization, i strongly suggest, not to do this, if you are not aware of ECM).

This will solve your query.

--