cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to config. Multiple Price Indicator for Split Valuated Material?

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guru's,

I have refurbishment process configured with 3 Valautions (C1, C2 & C3) all are having Price indicator "V".

Wanted to know whether C1- Defective can bee set to Price indicator "S", actual I know it can done but when created such Material with different Price control and system considering it as "V" only.

any Idea what or what should be the procedure to configure such material?

SAP Version ECC5.

Thanks in Advance.

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are lots of discussion already exist regarding the same. You can use different price control for different valuation type as per your requirement.

If your system is considering the price control V, then check the default value in the IMG path OLMW-Define Price Control for Material Types.

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

The Price control for spare is set to "V", Ideally client wants all spare to be valuated as MAP and only for Refurbished item valuation for Defective and Refurbished Item should be minimal (e.g. 0.01 $)

So that whenever there is GR done against subcontracting PO, Material inventory value should not be changed.

Or in other words client don't want to inventories Refurbishment material and all cost incurred for refurbishment should go into expense account.

Rgds

Sunil

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you do not want to maintain inventory for Refurbishment material, then when you will make a purchase order for this valuation type, you can use the account assignment category as K.

Whatever the price control, system will post the debit entry into expenses G/L account.

Read the SAP help document Account Assignment - Purchasing (MM-PUR) - SAP Library

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

Based on our discussion so far I guess following things to be done

1. Remove default Price Control - V for Material Type (Config.)

2. Assign Price Control by each Valuation Type

a. New - V

b. Defective - S

c. Refurbish - S

3. while doing GR for Refurbish item use acct. assignment - K,

Now my last question is whether system will update MAP For Material after GR or IR?

&

if it does change MAP how to stop it from updating price?

Assumption - PO will have two line item one for refurbish item and another for Vendor Service charge.

Thanks

Sunil

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. As you are using account assignment category K, then system will neither update stock value nor change the MAP for material during GR and IR.

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for bothering you again, just want to know whether the acct. assign. cat = K, can be default for subcontracting PO Line item?

as I am not a knowing config in MM area.

Rgds

Sunil

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do it from personal settings in purchase order screen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Sunil!

You may get more information by posting in the MM Logistics community - but I believe that you can set the Price Control per Valuation Type?

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for info...

I was aware that we can have multiple Price Control Indicator, I just wanted to know the steps about how to do it?

anyways thanks for your response

Rgds

Sunil