cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of expense reports with future dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

How do I test an expense report with future dates?

Currently, when we create an expense report with future date, there's no amount being reimbursed.

For France, the mileage calculation rates are changed from August. Hence, we need to test the expense reports that can pick the new rates as accordingly to the dates specified.

Could anyone assist here, please?

Thank You!

Best Regards,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding of system functionality is that you cannot post mileage for the future because theoretically that couldn't have happened. Per diem functionality is the same way; $0.00 for future dates.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AntonFarenyk
Contributor
0 Kudos

Divya R wrote:

Hello Colleagues,

How do I test an expense report with future dates?

Currently, when we create an expense report with future date, there's no amount being reimbursed.

Could you please elaborate on this? What do you mean by "no amount being reimbursed"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

Basically, while I create an expense report for future date and claim mileage, the amounts are not calculated. It always shows 0 reimbursement.

Scenario is, there is a change in amount to be reimbursed from August 2015. Hence, iIneed to test if the change in amount is reimbursed for an employee from August.

As mentioned above, if there exists a trip request with future date, the expense report out of this trip request shows the right calculation. I could test the scenario.

Is there any other way to do the testing?

Thank You!

Best Regards,

Divya

AntonFarenyk
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check validity dates in Business Configuration  Implementation Projects Your Project Open Activity List Fine - Tune Mileage Rates — France

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

this is not possible. The system cannot post any expense with future date.

So I don't know what are your requirement with the future date but just change the date to the past.

Normally the testing with travel request is like this. You do a travel request with future date.

When it comes to the expense report just change the dates to the past.

Best regards, Sigi

AntonFarenyk
Contributor
0 Kudos

Siegfried Krause wrote:

this is not possible. The system cannot post any expense with future date.

Let me disagree.

CFTE can very well send to ERP posting date and document date in the future. If posting period is open it'll go through. So the posting can occur in the future unless you have some ABAP code to specifically tweak an IDOC and change i.e. posting date.