cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Multiple agents to TS31000007 using BADI_CATS_APPROVAL~DETERMINE_APPROVER

Former Member
0 Kudos

For CATS approval, we are using BADI_CATS_APPROVAL~DETERMINE_APPROVER to assign agents to standard task TS31000007. Export parameter RV_APPROVER from the BADI method is not a table, so we are not able to allocate multiple 'US' objects directly. We have tried to use a role as an object, objecttype 'AG', but this does not seem to work. Any ideas on how else to add multiple agents to the workitem using the BADI? If role (AG) as an object type is not accepted, which object types (other than user (US) ) are then valid in the BADI? Regards, Karin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could check if you can achieve the functionality by the default rule for the task (and not use the BADI at all) - see transaction PFTC and its default rules tab. (Of course you might not want to change the standard task, but create a copy of it first, and then change the task ID in the configuration to your own copied task).

Another option could be that you would create a simple workflow and use that instead of the task for your CATS approval. And of course within a workflow template you can do whatever you want (mainly create your own custom rule).

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I'll check if this could be an acceptable solution for my customer.

I'll let you know.

Regards, Karin.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

If you look at Task TS31000007 in PFTC > "Default Rules" ,  you will see a rule no 00000157(Chief) linked to it. You can change this rule to your cuustom rule to support multiple approvers.

Standard Task TS31000007: CATS Approval by Supervisor - Workflow: Approve Working Times (CATS) - SAP...

"For working times that you do not want to be approved by the chief, you use the BADI_CATS_APPROVAL Business Add-In to determine the recipient."

Instead of using a Role AG , you can try Position S in BADI code to see if the multiple agents are supported. If not, you can raise an OSS message to report this issue.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Positions or Org units will not for this requirement, as the Group of people do not have any organizational objects in common.

If a role(AG) is not possible, how about a workcenter? and how do I allocate users to a workcenter?