Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to BI platform

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BI 4.1 SP5

Lumira Desktop 1.25

Installed Lumira server on BI server. BI Server is distributed. All CMS in one server and Tomcat on another server.

Launch Lumira desktop. Connect to BI platform :

Got the error : Unable to connect to the BI platform. Check the connection settings.  (HDB 05408)

No firewall. I selected no proxy in Lumira network settings.

Still not able to connect.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please share a screen shot of the Preferences - File > Preferences and show the settings for the BI Platform.  Use the camera icon to upload your screen shot.  Thank you

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I used Tomcat server name

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is Tomcat server name the same as CMS server name?  That is what I use.

Can you connect using Web Intelligence Rich Client on the same machine?

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tomcat server name is different and CMS server name is different. I can connect to that server using any desktop tools, IDT, Rich client etc.

BTW, i am using the user who is part of admin group.

vani_valasangad
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

Lumira Desktop uses Restful web services to publish a Lumira document to BI Platform.

Restful web services are hosted on WACS.

As mentioned, its 2 box setup.

I hope Tomcat server in one machine and other BOE servers including CMS are in different machine, if so then you need to give the BOE server machine name in the preferences of Lumira Desktop.

i.e. http://<BOE Machine name>:6405/biprws

It should work fine now.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also tried with CMS name. BTW, i am not using WACS. I stopped the WACS server in BI platform. Do i need to turn on WACS server to connect to BI Platform?

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got it. After enabling the WACS server, i could able to connect. Thanks for suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani I have BI 4.1 SP3 in my organization. I downloaded Lumira 1.27 version for desktop and Lumira server 64 bit for BI platform. followed the steps that you had mentioned before to publish the lumira document to BI platform. I wasn't able to do it. getting the same error " HDB05408 unable to connect to Bi platform, check your connection settings. " My requirement is : able to connect to BW queries - create a lumira document and publish it to the Bi platform. Please suggest a way out . thanks Meera

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meera - this is a closed thread - anyway you need to be in BI4.1 SP04 to use the BI Platform with Lumira 1.27 - see the PAM at https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100001293012015E/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy - I saw the PAM - it says 1.25 version works with SP3 . does 1.25 version help connect to BW queries and assist with publishing to BI platform ? I don't mind uninstalling 1.27 version and getting the 1.25 version .

please let me know.

thanks

Meera

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need 1.27 to publish BW queries to the BI platform

1.25 doesn't have the BW extension

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani

I have BI 4.1 SP3 in my organization. I downloaded Lumira 1.27 version for desktop and Lumira server 64 bit for BI platform. followed the steps that you had mentioned before to publish the lumira document to BI platform. I wasn't able to do it. getting the same error " HDB05408 unable to connect to Bi platform, check your connection settings. "

My requirement is :

able to connect to BW queries - create a lumira document and publish it to the Bi platform.

Please suggest a way out .

thanks

Meera

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Meera,

Please check your Network Proxy settings under file --> preferences --> Network --> choose the Proxy settings accordingly.

For BW data acquisition, you need LD 1.27 and install BW data Extension under File --> Extensions--> you see both Query Panel Extension and SAP BW as Data Set.

Thanks,

Shailu.

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

I agree with Vani, please try and it should work.

Thanks,

Shailu.