cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to change early start date on WO without going into the operations date tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I asked is there any way to take multiple work orders that have their early start date with the just start on and give them all another date? I can change almost all I need to in IW38 but haven't figured away to do the early start date, this would help greatly as i am dealing with hundreds of work orders daily trying to push and pull them to certain dates

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Terry,

You could link them all to a WBS element..

We once added a new button to IW38 which allowed a customer-specific mass-change option for the order Basic Start Date (and other functions). 

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

The WBS element area is something I have seen on all of the work orders and menus, it is just something I have no idea what it is. Along with revision I will have to research it and see what they are used correctly for. At our site we have a lot of people making work orders for the equipment all differently making it a planners headache to fix.

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

At our site we have a lot of people making work orders for the equipment all differently making it a planners headache to fix.

if you are talking about order created redundantly/duplicate then better activate object info Pop up, which intern will give information to user that there are some open orders against this Equipment.

it is more of a training user or else you should think of having some custom/enhancement logic to Pop up and restrict user from creating duplicate Order.

Rgds

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can you activate the object info pop-up? I know how to do a lot of the variants, and am trying to get everyone on the same page.

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

The customizing path for doing the above setting for notification is: Plant Maintenance and Customer Service>Maintenance and Service Processing>Maintenance and Service Notifications>Notification Processing>Object Information>Define Object Information Keys

After this you just need to assign the object information key to notification and/or order type.

Note- In configuration check automatic so it will get pop uped when you create any notification/order for Object in question.

Rgds

Sunil

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

Appreciate if you can close thread if query is solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not locate the path Sunil Mundhe.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Terry,

1. Your query as originally asked, looks to be managed with a BDC program.

2. Because your query transformed into another, like your requirement would be to stop the users from creating Orders on technical objects, in case open Order are there on them. This can be easily achieved through user exit IWO10009, through which you can prevent users from creating new orders (stops at SAVE event), if one or more Orders on the Equipment (or F/Locn) are in CRTD or REL state.

3. In either case, it is an ABAP solution. Second one is very simple for your ABAPer.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Spro Path-

Plant Maintenance and Customer Service

>Maintenance and Service Processing

>Maintenance and Service Notifications

>Notification Processing

>Object Information

>Define Object Information Keys

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Use of Revision can help you but there is no flexibility in terms of picking different-different date.

Rgds

Sunil