cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Model for MSDS Authoring with SERC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am posting on SCN after long time, and I regret for having missed so many great discussions here.

We have set-up following data model for our EHS system, but not getting the desired result of filling all standard property tree values.

• Mapped all rule sets and database files; expert server is running fine
  • Created raw material & finished product real_sub specifications
  • Performed BOM-BOS.
  • Finished product Real_Sub ‘Exact composition by products’ populated with Raw material Real_sub compositions
  • Maintained Raw material Pure_Sub level compositions for both ‘Exact composition by products’ & ‘Standard Composition’
  • Ran expert rule ZEXP_COMP at finished product Real_Sub level; standard composition for finished product populated with pure substances
  • Loaded List_Sub and UN Listed substance data from SERC
  • Referenced List_Sub to Pure_Sub
  • Loaded Section 9 & 10 data through data templates
  • Assigned UN Listed substance to DG_CL_SUB
  • Referenced DG_CL_SUB with the finished product Real_Sub        

Now, when we are running all expert rules one by one at finished product specification level, we are not getting the desired result of
corresponding property tree values filling. Are we missing something in the data set-up procedure or our experts rules are not mapped properly?

Please help.

Regards,

Pavan Tripathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

the rule sets don't fill all needed properties. So which ones are missing?

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

I understand that rule sets won't fill all the properties. To start with, I am trying to run global GHS rule sets on Real_Sub level to derive GHS classification and labelling data. I am getting errors of validity etc, though everywhere REG_WORLD is mainatained. I am also not sure in what sequence the rule sets need to be run as some errors point towards maintenance of primary data which client won't provide and probably it needs to get derived from rules only.

Also, some SAP documentation says that few rules need to be run ar Pure_sub level first, before running at Real_sub leve; is it so? If yes, then which ones if GHS complaint SDS needs to be generated? Do we really need to maintain primary data provided by client at Pure_Sub level also?

Please provide clarity on above.

Regards,

Pavan

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

For starters, you probably loaded GHS UN data to your LIST_SUBs and referenced them to the PUREs. But then you don't yet have a country-specific GHS classification on the PUREs, meaning you have to run the corresponding country-specific GHS rule sets on the PUREs first, then on the REALs. Next step is the HazardComp rule sets (on the REALs only). Everything else depends on the country you need data for, since there is an abundance of country-specific rule sets, thanks to a number of local regulations. So you need to check your need for RegInfo rule sets, NotStat, DAPEC, Classification, HSNO, RTK and so on and so forth. And don't forget the MSDSMaker for the soft chapters.

Ralph

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello pavan,

It is my understanding that all GHS Rules need to be run on PURE_SUB level. Some of them need - at least how I see it - mapping changes.

Make sure to read and fully understand this document provided by SAP:

"Concept_for_GHS_properties_rules.pdf" - and the corresponding rule set documentation because of this hint in the mentioned document:

b. Run the global GHS rule to generate GHS classification and Labelling using the functionality which copies EU GHS list data. This would apply where a customer decides to use the EU list as a fall-back or default GHS classification for the whole world. This could be combined with the use of the EU_to_GHS rule for the case that a substance does not have EU GHS list data. If the global GHS rule is to be used for this purpose the EU GHS regulatory list would need to be added to the rule set mapping.

Hope this helps

Mark