cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerBuilder application execution error(R0002) on application exit??

Former Member
0 Kudos

On application exit we are getting:

PowerBuilder application execution error(R0002).   It points to a Null object reference and specifies the line and object but there is no way to debug it because the application has exited.   Anyway to debug this?   Any ideas?

Charles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles;

Is there ...

1) Any Code in the SystemError event of the Application Object?

2) Is there any code in the Close event of the application object?

3) have you tried setting the PB IDE System Property ...    Just In Time Debugging

BTW: does the code at the Line & object its reporting on the NULL error make sense as a possible null object error?

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes there are code in both those objects.   Just in time won't help because it happens when we close the application.

Here's the error on exit:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles;

I would first of all try removing all the code in the SystemError and Close events of the Application object and see what happens. If nothing else and the error occurs - you can eliminate those aspects as causing the problem.

My father - being a mechanical engineer - always said in these types of situations ... "always look at the last thing(s) that were changed as the strong possibility of the current problem". So, I would ask the same ... what recent changes might have caused this instability?

Regards ... Chris

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run the app with a /pbdebug command line argument.  That will give you a log file of exactly what the app is doing.  Check to see what was happening when the crash happens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did but it doesn't seem helpful.   Since its at application exit, a lot of +DESTROY are being executed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's a snippet of the log file: