cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor account mapping query in Travel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need a solution from you on the below query.

The postings we are going to handle in HCM system and transfer the results to FI system via ALE. The entry system posts is:

Expenses Debit

Vendor Credit

Note: We have employee vendor master data in HCM. We would like to create single vendor in FI system.

Here the requirement is: when we transfer the postings from HCM to FI the posting should happen like this: all the vendor accounts from HCM should be posted to a single vendor account in FI system.

HR SystemFI System
DebitExpenseDebitExpense
CreditVendor ACreditVendor
CreditVendor B
CreditVendor C

Appreciate your inputs on this requirements

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

this is not working!

Please check help.sap.com about standard payments and integration to HCM.

If you integrate with HCM - so no posting via vendor accounts from travel - than you need to stack to HCM payment. So the payment of the travel cost will be go through the payment from salaries.

For sure (to come back to your other discussion here) by this you need no vendors etc. because payment is done via HCM payment run.

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

Thank you for valuable information it was very helpful. Could you also please clarify the below query.

1. If we would like to transfer HR mini master to FI system, do we have to do minimum HR related configuration in the fi system like personnel areas number ranges etc.

2. In this scenario, The settlement transactions like PR03 and PR05 should be executed in Hr system right?

3. The PRFI and PRRW transactions to be executed in FI system right?

Please accept my apologies for asking these basic questions.

Regards,

AJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

1 = Yes

2 = Yes

3 = No - You need to set up ALE scenario for posting into FI System from your HR system

Regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the confirmation Sigi. It was very helpful.

Also, one last question before we can close this thread.

The proposal from our client is that, they would like to create employee wise vendors in HR system and then transfer the vendor accounts to FI system using ALE/BADI. Client is not willing to transfer HR mini master to FI system due to some confidentiality reasons and instead asking for this option.

The plan is to post all the travel transactions directly in HR system and replicate the posting results in FI system.

Please advise on the feasibility of this option.

Appreciate your inputs here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

this is not possible!

From my point of view postings can only be done on FI system! Pre-posting on HR system is not possible at all even you transfer all data from Finance to HR system!!

The employe vendor account needs to be created on FI System. (By the way - HR data will be stored on FI system. Name, bank accounts - etc.)

But how to get this done?

As I have explained.

SAP standard - tranfer hr mini master via ALE to fi! (There is no other function available)

"My solution" - create batch input for vendor master with report RPRRAPA00 on HR system AND(!) than take this batch in put via your file system to the FI system. Here you can than execute the batch input.

This is the only solution which I can think of.

For sure you can also create a file download for hr master data and do an own upload/creation program on FI. But in my opinion a lot of work because look to the details of RPRAPA00 this report is a monster of checks and functions - so why to build an own Monster?

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your detailed explanation Sigi .

The one more concern is that client would like to post all the postings in HR system including vendor accounts.

The finance team has raised the below concern with regard to the payment posting.

After posting employee wise vendor expenses in HR system. The consolidated entry should be transferred to FI system. ( i.e. All the expenses will be posted to same GL accounts but all the vendors will hit a single Recon account in the FI system instead of employee wise vendors).

Finance team is concerned about how they will know the employee wise amounts to make payments with the single Recon account in the FI system. Like the bank details.

Any solution for this scenario?

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

This is not possible. If you want to reimburse employees thru FI, then you need the details in individual vendor accounts and then run the vendor payment program on FI !

There are 3 standard scenarios in Travel Expense :

- Payment thru payroll in SAP HR

- Payment thru DME (Data Medium Exchange) from SAP TM

- Payment thru Vendor accounts from SAP FI

If you don't want to create individual vendor accounts in FI then I would suggest that you go to scenario 2 : Payment thru DME.

The additional workload to manage DME payment is not high.

Your payment will be based on the data you have in your employee profiles. You will get a payment file that you will need to send to the bank (often thru treasury department who have secured line with banks). Then your posting to FI will only be on GL accounts. No need to have vendor accounts anymore

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs.

The requirement is to maintain employees as vendors. Considering the below two points can you please suggest the possible solutions if any.

1. Travel management is implemented in HR system. (FI and HR are in separate systems)

2. Is there any solution to maintain employee wise vendor in FI system without transferring HR mini master to FI system.

Appreciate your suggestions and inputs.

I have been working from quite a long time to come to a solution for this but unfortunately the issue is still open..

Answers (0)