cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not allocate space for object

Former Member
0 Kudos

SQL server native client 10.0 could not allocate space for object "dbo.ODLN Eseries in database Aklan Appliance Live because the primary filegroup is full.Create disk space by deleting uneeded files"dropping by"...how to fix this problem guys? I need help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The Error message is indicating that the Filegroup disk is full. You need to clean the unnecessary file in the drive.

Also you can have a look on shrink you database. SAP Note is 1224089.

Make sure that you take the full backup before shrinking the database.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Ankit Chauhan

SAP Business One Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

do i need to have a new disk? what should i do

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Our main aim would be to make the space available.

So I would request you to delete some files that are not in use anymore. Also better to have a look on the note that specifies that how to shrink a database. Shrinking the database process shows you that how much space would be available after the shrinking.

You can follow the note in my previous reply.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Ankit Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I have deleted some portions of the Back up files and saved a copy of it in the external drive.... aside from the back up,what other data that you know that somehow could be deleted...

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

We are not aiming to delete some specific files. The main purpose is to make some space available in the drive where the SAP company database is stored.

If you have deleted some files and space is available then you can have a look at your issue whether it is still occuring or not.

If it is not occuring then you have solved your problem by your own by deleting the files and making the space.

Request you to reply accordingly.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Ankit Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

My problem has already been solved.Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Regards,

John

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I would like to ask you whether your problem got solved by making space available or you did something else ?

Also I would request you to please close the thread as your problem has been resolved.

Thanks & Regards

Ankit Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

What i did was i contact our service provider and that he fix our problem by using team viewer...... I dont know what he does but after we have bring back our Sap Business one system and was able to log in, what i did was i copied the back up files into the external and deleted it to have space available...... thanks for your time............ ..till next time.Regards

John,Philippines