cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to retrieve data from the database error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have researched and researched this error.  I have version 2011. I am accessing through the xml web services connection and I can access 5 of the 8 tables without any problems.  We have to run a connection for each table.

The company that we are running the reports against says it is our connection.  But IDK

I get the above error and then I press ok and get another error  "Cannot determine the queries necessary to get the data for this reports.  Details: unexpected error."

Is there a new driver to load if we are accessing a new server?  Any ideas on the native driver?  do I need to load it?

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy

Typically with web services the issue is related to permissions. However, the 1st thing to do will be to verify that you are using the latest Service Pack for CR 2011. SPs are available on the Downloads Portal:

Downloads for SAP Crystal Reports and others

Once you are using the latest SP, ensure that there are no permissions issues to those tables.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have downloaded the SP11.  But now when I click on the XML and Web Service to setup the connection to the tables, It gives me a error.

"Invaild Agrument provided; Java Server startup failure. Verify the Path(JDK), ClassPath, and IDRFileLocaiton properties int he CRCongif.xml file. and verify using JDK 1.5

I have tried to modify the CRConfig.xml file and changed the path to exclude the JDK but access is denied.

Can you help?

Thanks,

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy

Can you please use the search string 'crystal web service argument' in the search box - top right corner. When the search results come up, select "SAP Notes" under Assets (left side of page). This will give you a number of KBAs that may point you in the right direction.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did follow the link and try the crystal web service argument , but it said to change the CRconfig.xml file but when I tried it said access denied.

It is also for CR 2013 with BO Intelligence 4.1    I have CR2011 and BO Intel 4.0

Before I did the SP11, I could at least get into the XML and Web services, now when I click it there is nothing happening.  I have no connection at all.

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

I found out why I don't have web services anymore.  The newest version of JAVA java 8 was automatically downloaded.     So i uninstalled it. Then  installed  Java Version 7 update 75 back and now I can use the Web Services and XML...

So don't try SP11 with the new Java 8 or the XML and web services will not be available.

Thanks so much for your time.

Kathy

Answers (0)