cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licenses for SAP Crystal Reports version for VS.Net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In my application, reports are developed using Crystal Reports XI R2 (11.5) and Classic ASP application calls the reports files in Windows 2003 Server. Currently we are upgrading server to Windows Server 2012 R2. As the Crystal Reports 11.5 is not supported in Windows 2012 Server, plan to migrate the Classic ASP application to ASP.NET (4.0) application with SAP Crystal Reports version for VS 2010.

For development, I have installed SAP Crystal Reports version for VS 2010 (CRforVS_13_0)  in my machine.

In Application server, Crystal Report Runtime (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_13.msi) is installed. I have created test application (ASP.NET) with sample report and its working fine. I need to use the same reports which are already developed in Crystal 11.5 in New ASP.NET application.

Could you please advise which are the licenses are required for this.

thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reports can be created in any version of CR - though I'd recommend upgrading to SAP Crystal Reports 2013 (CR 11.5 is fine but may not support new databases (e.g.; MS SQL 2012, etc.)). In any case, as you have the designer, you have the license to create and distribute the reports.

For runtime applications, license for win apps is free for "SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET". The runtime is also free for web apps deployed internal to your org. Web apps deployed external need extra licensing and you need to contact sales for details:

866-681-3435 or 1-800-677-7271

http://www.sap.com/contactsap/directory/index.epx

And see this for more details:

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Thanks a lot for this helpful information !!

Regards

Karthik

Answers (0)