cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any issue with Design studio 1.5 GetData Method?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any issue with Design studio 1.5 GetData Method?

No matching data found in getData("_Be9jERrcEeWb_ItkqTeaGQ", {"_IvtI0hsIEeWhnZoLfqD4eA": "L6 - BAJMYU"}).

I can confirmed the data is available, i bind the dataset to crosstab, i am able to see all the data.

but if i use getdata method to retrieve data, sometime i get the above error. it only happens on sometime, especially after i changed my datasource filter variable via APPLICATION.setVariableValueExt to return the different result but with same dimension and measures.

I tested this in Design studio 1.3, It works fine, but the same scripts test in Design studio 15, it encounters error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kat,

what is the data source you use? is it Universe?

can you attach some screen shot of the data source in corsstab - and double check the technical names of the dimension / measures.

it is possible that you ask for something which is a sum, and the sums are off. then the selection cannot give you the sum. try with simple drill-down, eg. only the used dimension in rows.

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using universe as the datasource.

attached image is the example data bind to crosstab. I am trying to read the "Starts" measure by using the getdata method.

I was able to retrieve the data at the initial load without any issue. once i changed the filter prompt value at runtime, then it starts giving me the error saying that no matching data found.

any idea?

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

but after the filter change on runtime you can still see the value in the crosstab?

you can try out to print all values you can get,

1. get the members for the dimension

2. loop at them

3. make get data on every member

and print it out in some text field.

is this member in your loop?

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i can see the value in the crosstab. I get the dimension members into array and loop them. i can see that missing members in the array list. but i just could not get the measure according to that member even though the member is still the list....

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder if you could try the work-around mentioned in this SAP Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2108969 and then would your application work in 1.5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried the workaround. still does not work for me... i am still getting error.....

No matching data found in getData("_Be9jIxrcEeWb_ItkqTeaGQ", {"_IvtI0hsIEeWhnZoLfqD4eA": "L6-MALAYSIA'})