cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME23N field BSART changes when button Display/Change (F7) is pushed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am facing a problem with the transaction ME23N (display purchase order). I run ME23N and I choose a purchase order (PO). This PO has a Document Type (BSART). The problem which I am facing is that when I push the button Display/Change (F7), the order type of the PO changes. I mean that the PO, the vendor, etc remains being the same but not the order type. If I push the Display/Change (F7) button again, the Document Type (BSART) gets the original value, the same as it had at the beginning. It only happens to me with particular Document Type (BSART). If Document Type (BSART) of the PO changes, it always changes to the same value. I show an example below:

1) Execute transaction ME23N

2) I enter a PO which has ZCD as Document Type (BSART)

3) The Document Type (BSART) ZCD is displayed correctly in the header

4) I push the Display/Change (F7) button and the Document Type (BSART) changes into ZDEV.

5) I push the Display/Change (F7) button again and the Document Type (BSART) changes into ZCD, its original value.

I would like to highlight that this problem does not happen in the ME22N. Moreover, It only happens for those PO sharing the same Field Selection key (BREFN).

Thanks in advance, best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems like some custom development, what is document type in Table EKKO ?.. you have ZDEV document type configured in SPRO ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Personal settings tab -->Default values tab does it maintain as the Document type (BSART), if  it maintain i will come same only.

Thanks,

Bhargav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagdeep,

Thank you for your reply. ZDEV and ZCD are already configured in SPRO as PO document types. The document type of the PO is ZCD in table EKKO. It should not be related to any custom  development. Any other idea, please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargav,

Thanks you for your answer. I checked the Personal Settings tab and it is correct. I do not have anythin defined in it. Furthermore, it is happening to every user. I strongly believe that the problem has to do with SPRO. Any idea?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What if you open the purchase order directly from ME22N ?

Is it happening for this purchase order only ?

Is it happening for this user only ?

Is the document type ZDEV configured in your system, if yes, then when it is used ?

Can you please also confirm that there are no hard update of table EKKO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dibyendu,

Thanks for your reply.

1) If I open the PO directly from ME22N, everything works correctly.

2) It is happening for every PO which has the document type ZCD, ZFAR... and others. However, it is not happening with PO wich has ZOE as document type, for instance. It only happens for those PO sharing the same Field Selection key (BREFN).

3) It is happening to every user.

4) The document type ZDEV is configured in my system. It is used for material returns.

5) Yes, there is not hard update of table EKKO.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe this issue is caused by an own development, otherwise it must happen with the standard document types too.

In any case I would call it a bug the way that you described.

Please use transaction ANST (or ANST_SEARCH_TOOL) and run this example again.

this transaction will show you all your custom code used in the execution, the most convenient way to discover mistakes in own developments.

If it is really not caused by an own development then you need to approach SAP Support, should be easy to convince them as you are able to replicate this.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is strange. Field selection should not causes of this behavior.

I've found an OSS note regarding quite same behavior 843802 - ME23N/ME53N configuration inconsistences by display/change

Since both transactions (ME22N and ME23N) are fetching the document type from EKKO table, I would suggest to raise OSS ticket to SAP support team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the OSS note 843802 but it is not related to the problem. I continue looking for a solution. Thanks.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are sure that no custom development responsible for this behavior, then please raise OSS ticket to SAP support team.