cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70 million Entries in DSO , new field to add

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

i have over 70 million entries in my current DSO with Deltas in process everyday , Material movements.

i have a request to add a new field to the DSO and  get its historical values that are currently available in PSA via the standard extractor 2lis_03_bf

whats the best way to get this done?  will i lose data after remodeling the DSO

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have all historical data in your psa, you can just delete the contents of the dso, add the field and reload via dtp.

but, for the future, keeping 70 mln records in your psa is not the best practice.

M.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

before adding the new fields into DSO, first create the one backup DSO like existing dso.

load the data to existing dso to backup DSO.

after loading the data to backup dso delete data form the existing dso, then trigge the DTP and get the data to DSO.

or

delete the data form the DSO -> use the some selection at DTP ( year,month,quater wise) then load the data to DSO.

for remodling you can add the fields to dso,but it is not possible to add object with data.

after deleting the data it is poosible to add char/kf.

for particular object load it you have reload it again total data form source to target.

Thanks,

Phani.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Will i need to reload the cubes which are currently being fed deltas from this dso

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you want newly added field for the data you can use the selections and load it.

while extracting data form source system  to dso use the repair full reqeust giving the selections.

be aware while loading to cube, cube is the additive proparty.

Thanks,

Phani.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As members above said, if your data flow is PSA -> DSO -> CUBE and your 70 million records are still in PSA, you may delete already the data in your DSO and CUBE..

Afterwards, do a DELTA load from PSA to DSO followed by DSO to CUBE..

Regards,

Loed

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok , now i am being requested not to disturb the exisiting DSO but to have a copy of the exisitng DSO with the extra Key fig , and load data to the new DSO from the same PSA.   I tried  this in my Dev it works fine however i see that the PSA requests have all turned to status Not updated in any data target.   Any ideas on this

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood your question correctly, the answer is because the PSA was not yet updated to your provider that's why..

Regards,

Loed

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

the confusion is because  the requests are already updated to the DSO and even then it stays the same way.

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

if data was updated to dso  at data source manage screen all the request turn to to green which ever loaded the request number.

if not loaded data to dso it will still in same symbol.

Thanks,

Phani.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

yes thats the confusion i am getting , i have updated all the requests from PSA to both the DSO

original one and its copied DSO.   So at the PSA it still stays with the status not updated to any data target.   to test i deleted all the updated requests to the copied DSO and then it turns back to green at PSA.   is this a bug or any limitation that one single data source cannot feed 2 DSO objects for reasons of data consistency ?

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps you do a FULL LOAD instead of DELTA, that's why?

Regards,

Loed

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

when I  do an initial load the new DSO it would behave as full and even in the follow on delta request I get the same issue.  can you please check this scenario load from a single data source to 2 DSO and check the PSA. 

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's impossible..Did you check your DTP? If your DTP is DELTA, you should not encounter this problem..

Regards,

Loed

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

It is a delta dtp i just double checked

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the FORK icon (the WHERE-USED icon) to check the providers where the data was loaded already..Check if data has been loaded already to the DSO you are referring..This is also possible if you have several providers using the same PSA..

Regards,

Loed

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes i checked the where used it shows in both the dso

can this be a bug or something

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps that's a bug..

Anyway, just don't mind the ICON as long as your data is correct and it really gets the "DELTA" request..

Regards,

Loed

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

any idea if there is a SAP note for this , we are currently using BW 7.02 at level 10 as part of APO system.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if there is a SAP note for this..Why do you give much time for this? As long as your data is correct I think this will not be a problem..

Regards,

Loed