Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chuan_ding
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar

1)
You don't need to run it again for the copied new environment if environmentshell has been
migrated to HANA through BPC_MIGRATE_TO_HANA.

2)
I think you don't need to run the program again, but HANA has to be enabled on the target system before the transport. (see note 1743412)

Best regards,
Chuan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to be clear: you are not migrating to 10.1; you just moving your DB to HANA, right?

In such case answer to 1) depends on when you create that copy. If you created it before migration then you need to migrate it. If you created it after migration then you are all set.

Similarly for 2). If you upgraded your target system before transport, then no need to migrate after.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gersh - we are doing a fresh BPC 10.1 NW installation. Once we created the environment shell, the technical installation guide mentions the need of running the migration program to enable HANA for the environment.

With that said, and based on your and Chaun's reply, if I enable the parameters in dev, QA and prod, run the report for the environment shell in dev, create a copy of that environment to have my configuration environment in dev, this copied environment is already HANA enabled and I do not have to run the migration program again for the new environment. Moreover, If I transport my environment to QA, which already has both parameters ENABLE_ACCELERATOR and

ACCELERATOR_ON enabled, I am all set and I do not need to run the program in QA anymore.

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge you need to run the migration program for any BPC environment that was developed on non HANA servers. Since you have installed BPC 10.1 directly on HANA data base I think ENVIRONMENTSHELL should already be in HANA.  I think you still need to set the parameters but I don't think you need to migrate ENVIRONMENTSHELL.

Regards,

Leila Lappin