cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP Android Offline store create operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Former Member,

I have two defining requests in my offline store on Android that I use for create operations. One of them works fine on my device, but the other doesn't.

The error I get is;

[-10047] An error occurred while setting a parameter with an STRING value in a prepared statement

After some debugging, I found from here that the String type VARCHAR has a maximum field size of 32740, on which the Edm.String is based on.

My data length is almost always 50,000 characters or more.

Is there a way to force it to use BLOB instead?

Thanks,

Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

matt_borges
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry for the very late response; I was only made aware of this question now.

The underlying store likely has the Edm.String stored as a LONG VARCHAR (it depends on the MaxLength facet of your OData service, but the fact that you are using strings of 50000 characters, I suspect you have that set correctly).

What you are running into sounds exactly like a bug that we fixed recently.  If you update to the latest client SDK, that problem should disappear.

Matt

0 Kudos

Hello

I am seeing the same error when writing to a long binary field in the offline store (Which is Edm.Binary on my Odata producer and a RAWSTRING on the SAP backend system. I am using SMP 3.0 SDK SP08 PL05. Which version of the SDK is this bug fixed in?

did you fix your issue with an SDK upgrade? If yes, what version did you upgrade to?

Thanks,

Aditya

matt_borges
Explorer
0 Kudos

The earliest version of the SDK with this fix is SMP 3.0 SDK SP09 PL 02.

Matt

0 Kudos

Matt,

Upgrading to SDK SP10 PL11 resolved the issue for me.

Thanks!

Aditya