cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4/HANA new Installation

0 Kudos

Dear comunity, we are facing an implementation project with S4/HANA (Business Suite 4 for HANA). I read a lot of documentation, but yet is not clear to me how to do a new deploy of the platform.

I could not find any specific S4/HANA guide, and the specific installation media is not available (I have used the S number from the licensed costumer).

Do you have any of you some experience installing S4/HANA from scratch?

The documentation lends me to think that i need install business suite for HANA, then the Simple Finance add-on, and then make the switch to the new ABAP code.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks and kind regards.

Hector.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hector,

as of July 2015 the current SAP S/4HANA on-premise version is SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition 1503. With this SAP S/4HANA version you get the application simplification in finance area. With the next version of SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition (then called SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511 - planned for Q4/2015) additional application simplification in logistics area are coming. The two SAP S/4HANA versions do have different technical pre-requisites. These differences are explained in the following blog . Even if this blog is more focused on the move to SAP S/4HANA for an existing SAP Business Suite customer, it might give you relevant information for your question.

If your question is about SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition 1503 then you need to install (basically): 

• NW7.40 / ECC6.0 / EHP7
  • SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition 1503 (which is technically an add-on to ECC6.0)
  • SAP HANA Live for SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition
  • SAP Fiori for SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition
  • SAP Smart Business for SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition

More information you surely get in the following SCN:

The installation guides and appropriate material for SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511 will be available with the planned availability of this release in Q4/2015.

Kind Regards,

Frank

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

We are already on Business suite on HANA and as per your above comment are trying to download softwares for setting up S/4 HANA.

We are able to select SAP Fiori and SAP Smart Business.

Regarding other two, SAP Simple Finance on premise 1503, how do we go about it?

Shall I open a new thread for this query?

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Saritha

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saritha,

(sorry for late reply - was on vacation) - yes I would recommend to open the qeustion in the SCN for SAP Simple Finance:

http://scn.sap.com/community/simple-finance

Kind Regards,

Frank

Larry
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Saritha,

sounds like your selecting the wrong things in the early steps op your MOPZ transaction.

Please select in Step 2 Select Files "support packages", target product version should be EHP 7 for ECC 6. Then you should flag in the same step "applications for FIN 700". Then you should be able to find sFIN 1503 and SP 1508 later.

Cheers

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

Thank you for replying, we will try this out and let you know in case if it worked.

Regards,

Saritha K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos