Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Exception Aggregation

former_member207019
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a set of data as shown given below.

We are performing reporting on Sales order header level, there is no item level  reporting.

Result should be displayed as given below.

We have tried with Average exception aggregation,, it didn't work with reference to Order Number.

We have tried with max value exception aggregation,, it didn't work with reference to Order Number.

Is there any other work around to get the proper result as shown in the second screen shot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try average exception aggregation with reference to Order Item.

Thumb rule in exception agg: the exception aggregation has no effect when the reference characteristic is in the drilldown. When you do exception agg with Order Number as the ref, and also keep Order Number in the drilldown, the exception agg is ignored except in the "Result" total rows.

Regards,

Suhas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In such scenario you need to work with nested exception aggregation.

First apply exception aggregation as Average with reference characteristic as sales order.

Now again put this formula inside a new formula and apply exception aggregation as avg.with reference characteristic as sales item.

Hope this shall give you the desired result.

Regards,

AL

former_member207019
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Anshu and Suhas.

If you observe each sales document, it has 2 items. Each sales item has multiple billing items and corresponding Key fig.

In this when I perform aggregation at order level, it would get 200(addition of all items).

If I perform at item level, since we have only sales items we get 100 as result.(i.e.200(sum of all items) / 2(itesm)).

Instead I have to get only 25 as a result.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You did not share this info.earlier.I suggest to apply one more level of aggregation based on billing item as well.

After that you will get the unique value.In case of aggregation you need to find the relation of characteristic which makes your value unique.

So apply with order--order item--billing item.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

AL