SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit center in site master (WRF1-PRCTR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, can you please explain me how to activate the Profit Center field (WRF1-PRCTR) in site master.

In one SAP Retail installation I have access to (rel. 740 SP 9), it is optional (on a Valuation / Inventory mgmt tab), but in another one (rel. 740 SP 10 with Simple Finance on HANA), the field is suppressed.

I could not find it anywhere on field statuses in site profile and it is included in the WRF1 table definition (trans. SE11) in both systems.

Why I am asking - we are searching for a field, where to define a site-specific profit center for the purpose of posting payment methods from POS with a WPUTAB idoc. Of course we can write an FI substitution with a user exit - but could the PRCTR field from the site master offer a standard solution?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I am not mistaken, you cannot customize this field. It is not part of the field status groups. It is only present when RMA is used. (at least thats how it was in the past).

You can see in the code:

Hauptprogramm    SAPMWBE3
Quelltext von    MWBE3_WRF1_PRCTRO01

*   Profit center not editable when no RMA profil maintained
    LOOP AT SCREEN.
      IF SCREEN-NAME = 'WRF1-PRCTR' OR
        SCREEN-INPUT    = 0.
      ENDIF.
      MODIFY SCREEN.
    ENDLOOP.
  ELSE.
    LOOP AT SCREEN.
        SCREEN-INPUT    = 1.
      ENDIF.
      MODIFY SCREEN.
    ENDLOOP.

But it could also be related to some Business Functions like ISR_RETAIL_RMA, ISR_RETAIL_RMA_2 and ISR_RETAIL_RMA_3...

Maybe you can check in your two systems, if in the first one, RMA is used or if the above mentioned Business Functions are activated.

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan:

I believe the correct question is how to populate Profit Center in MARC, because that is what is used in standard processing.

A best practice in IS-Retail is that the following objects all have the same 4-digit number:

• Site Number
  • Site Customer Number
  • Site Vendor Number
  • Site Profit Center Number 

This is true for Site Stores, Site DC, and Reference Sites.

Based on this assumption, the logic for assignment of Profit Center to Article is simple:  Copy the Site number to the Profit Center Number (MARC-PRCTR) as MARC records are created.  This is true for all Sites to which an Article is extended (i.e. where is the Article to be listed).

The assignment of Profit Center in MARC-PRCTR occurs via user exit when MARC records are
created.  This is accomplished by an implementation of BADI_ARTICLE_REF_RT in method REFERENZ.   This implementation has the benefit of SAP Note 335267 without the disadvantages of a modification.

- Paul

-----------------------------------

Paul R. Gendreau, Jr.
SAP Retail

0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your suggestion, this would surely work and be a simple solution.

However, we have profit centers on a higher level, roughly corresponding with distribution channels. Therefore, we need a different rule.

In the past, we used to solve it with an FI substitution with a user exit (finding and inserting a profit center from a site-specific cost center on B/S accounts listed in a set). However, now I have noticed this field in WRF1 - and would be interested how it can be opened and if it could be used.

As for article master (MARC-PRCTR), yes we insert it roughly as you suggest. But now my question is about payment methods (SD invoice from a WPUTAB idoc) where no article is shown.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Jan

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I am not mistaken, you cannot customize this field. It is not part of the field status groups. It is only present when RMA is used. (at least thats how it was in the past).

You can see in the code:

Hauptprogramm    SAPMWBE3
Quelltext von    MWBE3_WRF1_PRCTRO01

*   Profit center not editable when no RMA profil maintained
    LOOP AT SCREEN.
        SCREEN-INPUT    = 0.
      ENDIF.
      MODIFY SCREEN.
    ENDLOOP.
  ELSE.
    LOOP AT SCREEN.
        SCREEN-INPUT    = 1.
      ENDIF.
      MODIFY SCREEN.
    ENDLOOP.

But it could also be related to some Business Functions like ISR_RETAIL_RMA, ISR_RETAIL_RMA_2 and ISR_RETAIL_RMA_3...

Maybe you can check in your two systems, if in the first one, RMA is used or if the above mentioned Business Functions are activated.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Thanks, Tobias! This answers my question.

It means that in the absence of RMA (or similar), we should stick to our current solution with an FI substitution, else we would be require another development anyway.