cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.5 Exporta DATA

sergio_cifuentes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, I want to know wich is the best way to export data from BPC 7.5 into a SQL Database table, Data Manager tool? Open Hub from BW? another one?

Thanks,

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

using standard export to file package

using standard export to ftp package

using retraction BADI.

Andy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

You can export the data using open hub destination.

Bu open hub destination you have the option of sending data either is .CSV format or in Data base table. You can use any one of the option as per your requirement.

My suggestion is not to create open hub on Info Cude directly, Please create open hub destination on multi provide.

Regards

Rohit

sergio_cifuentes
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit, Why I can´t create the open hub directly from the InfoCube?

sergio_cifuentes
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to export this data daily, I know there is a lot of options to upload the flat file into a SQL database, but I was wondering if there's a directly method of doing that directly from the source into the SQL Tables, thanks anyway!!

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No direct method, may be with badi if BW is also on MSSQL...

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio

I am not sure about your landscape. Do you have SAP XI (earlier known as PI) in the landscape along with JDBC connector? If so, a function module/BADI can be leverage to extract data and update your SQL table through XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

As you said, you need to export data on daily basis, create a open hub destination and create a process chain for the same. schedule the process chain on daily mode.

Regards

Rohit

sergio_cifuentes
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you both, so the best way is to use standard export to file package, but in my case I need to populate an MS SQL Table, how can I achieve this?

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

You can upload this file as flat file upload mechanism.

I am not sure whether it is best practice or not but Other approach is open hub with table again it's combination of BADI. You can create table in desired format and access that table.

Shrikant

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How often do you want to export data?

There are a lot of options how to import text file into the table on MSSQL server... For example - using transformation service, or vba code, or... You have to consult with a qualified MS SQL developer!

Vadim

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

As suggested by Andy, you use one of them option depending on your requirement.

If its for one time load go for standard export to file package.

If you  have already running interface for FTP, use export to ftp package.

You can use BADI retraction to BW with help of ABAP developer, it has little more efforts as compare to first two options.

Shrikant