cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio Filter Line remove dimensions

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Design Studio 1.5 with a SQL Server 2014 data mart/universe and I have a few issues:

1. I can't find the area to remove dimensions in the filter line? You can do this in the filter panel component, but it doesn't appear that you can do it in the filter line. I'd rather not remove them at the data source level.

2. I have a dimension of "Date"  in the filter line component. It is tied to a SQL Server date datatype. The values are not appearing in the pick list. I'm able to see other values for other dimensions in the pick list. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

carlos_weffer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amber

Posted in Design Studio Idea Place -  Vote for it.

Fiter Line Analytic Component enhancement : View Idea

Cheers,

Carlos

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

My comments are as follows:

1.  To remove dimensions, you should see a 'x' symbol on each filter as highlighted below:

2.  Without further information, the cause of the Date issue is a little difficult to determine.  It may be a data type compatibility issue, although according to the Design Studio Application Designer Guide, the Date data type is supported.  I was not able to determine from the Product Availability Matrix or Application Designer Guide whether SQL Server 2014 is a supported database though.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input.

Tammy: I applied Patch 1 last night and it didn't help.

I want to clarify about #1: I'm trying to remove the available dimensions that are displayed to the user.

Thanks again for the help,

Amber

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Thanks for clarifying point 1.  My observation is that the Filter Line component always includes all available dimensions from the data source.  Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any properties or script API methods that would allow the list of available dimensions to be restricted.

You could consider raising this requirement in the Design Studio Idea Place.

Regards,

Mustafa.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Did you apply patch 1, just released this past week?  If not, would you please apply patch 1 and see if the issue persists?