cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance Limits not working for Workflow Approvals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have made the necessary configuration of the employee tolerance groups in OBA4 and assigned to the relevant users. These tolerances and the assigned users are even there in the table T043. When I park a document using the profile of a clerk the document in FV50 it goes to the inbox of the superior. However, the problem now is the system is ignoring the tolerance limit of the superior and is allowing them to release (post) parked documents which have a higher value than their set upper document posting amounts.

Please help. Could this be an error in the tolerance groups and limits or it is a workflow challenge 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of parking a document and posting via workflow-

First try to post a Document directly with the Employee whose Tolerance limit is beyond- if you are getting the error then the configuration is OK...

if no error got while posting document- Configuration needs to be checked.

If you get error then- you will have to check as per #Priviledge Mudzinge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nayamath,

I have tried posting documents above the users limits using FBV0 but I couldn't because of Workflow.

So i decided to test my tolerance limits in FBCJ and I got the errors. Now I am convinced it has to do with Workflow and sub-workflows from what I have found out. Hopefully someone will be able to show me the way and I can share with you guys

Thank you all for the contributions

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priviledge,

Did you already check the following customizing?

Thanks!

Emanuel Chiappetto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply

My workflow consultant has come up with alternatives but certainly will look into this

Feedback soonest

former_member198032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the amount related restrictions you can define the Employee Tolerance Groups using T Code OBA4 and assinging these Tolerance Groups to the relevant User IDs using T Code OB57.

Have you done it?

I also found the following documentation that may be helpful for you:

Spending Limit Approval - Process-Controlled Workflows - SAP Library

Configuring Approvals for Credit Limit Changes - SAP Credit Management Configuration Guide - SAP Lib...

Regards,

Cristiano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the quick answer. I have done the configuration steps. the challenge is the system should be preventing the posting of this document by the approver beyond their limits. let me look at this documentation

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think tolerance limit will work while posting and not while parking the document.

Thanks and Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, tolerance limits are for posting. However, in my client's system we want the posting to be via Workflow such that when a clerk creates a document it is routed to the approver for releasing (posting). The question is therefore meant to seek clarification on the role of Workflow. Maybe someone has encountered a similar problem where the document to be released is beyond the user's assigned limit but he is able to post it. Thank you