cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI and Windows 10

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Has anyone tried out SAP GUI with Windows 10 yet?  I'm considering upgrading some PCs (currently on Win 8.1 and SAPGUI 7.4) but was curious if 7.40 still worked on Win10.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It certainly works. I've got 7.40 patch 3 running on two machines - one an clean install of Win 10 with SAPgui installed afterwards, and one a Win 8.1 machine with SAPgui installed and then upgraded to Win 10 afterwards. Both work fine as far as I can tell. I haven't tested everything yet, but so far I've found no issues.

Steve.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed Windows 10 on Friday and works with no issues.

sandeep_kumar60
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

I had recently installed freshly SAP GUI 7.40 and patched to level 4 on windows 10, installed successfully .

But how can i get my server list from other machines such as win7 .

ealrier on Win 7 machine we used to copy the saplogon.ini file to get all the sever list which are configured, now i tried the same with windows 10 but dint get my server list in Win 10 .

can you pls help me in retriving all the server list in win10 sapgui 740 patch 4 .

Reagrds

Sandeep

liang2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar

Have you installed NWBC 5.0 together with SAPGUI 740 on the Win 10 PC, if yes,

SAP UI Landscape format will be turned on(according to note 2220930) and you will

see SAPUILandscape.xml and SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml file under below folder:

C:\Users\[user ID]\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common

In case SAP UI Landscape format is turned on and SAPUILandscape.xml and SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml files

exist on your Win 10 PC:

You can upgrade to SAPGUI 7.40 and install NWBC 5.0 on your win7 client PC,

so that saplogon.ini file can be merged to SAPUILandscape.xml file on the win7 client PC,

after that you can copy SAPUILandscape.xml file from win7 client PC to win10 client PC.

If SAP UI Landscape format is not turned on and SAPUILandscape.xml and SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml files

don't exist on your Win 10 PC, please attach all files under C:\Users\[user ID]\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common

folder on your Win 10 PC and attach saplogon.ini file from your win7 client PC.

Best Regards,

Liang

d_zimmermann
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You can change the landscape format SAP GUI is using by editing the following DWord-Key in your Registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/SAP/SAPLogon

Name of the key: "LandscapeFormatEnabled" (only created if NWBC 5.0 is installed)

- Change the value to "0" - SAP GUI is using saplogon.ini, NWBC still uses SAPUILandscape.xml

- Change the value to "1" - SAP GUI and NWBC both now using the SAPUILandscape.xml

Maybe this could be also a helpful SAP-Note if your using SAP GUI 740 (new and removed components): 2192210

Best regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis,

That worked after a new SAPGUI 740 install.

Thanks!

Arpit

mario_fliegner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it does not work on my Windows 10 Pro Laptop. The installer crashes with an "Windows error 2 occured while loading the Java VM".

JAVA_HOME and the Path varaiables are pointing to JRE Version 1.8.0_60.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What Java-dependend programs are you trying to install? Is this your own installer?
The exe is normally called nwsapsetup.exe or nwsapsetupall.exe.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is a download manager path, why are you using this?

Just download the compilation 1 DVD, and browse to the

50126622_6\BD_NW_7.0_Presentation_7.40_Comp._1_\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\

and use either SapsetupAll.exe or SapGuiSetup.exe

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're all talking above about the native Windows version of SAPgui. Is there a reason you are using the JavaGUI rather than the native one?

According to OSS Note 2059424 - SAP GUI for Java: Requirements for Release 7.40 - it is supported on Windows 10 but I haven't tried it. I've never had a good reason to use it in preference to the native SAPgui...

Steve.

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We're all talking above about the native Windows version of SAPgui. Is there a reason you are using the JavaGUI rather than the native one?

I was thinking the same thing.  Plus, I wouldn't recommend the Java one either.  Last I used it, it's much harder to enter in new systems in the logonpad.  I always thought it was primarily for OS X anyways.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

I concur with your guidance but be careful on some of the components like JNet and JGnatt. Per SAP Note 2103687 with these selected to be installed and your install on a desktop with JAVA 8 will fail.

Can't wait for issues with DOI and Microsoft Office 2016!

Cheers,

Dan Mead

周建华
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far only the SAP NetWeaver 7.3 Planning Product Availability Matrix, (PAM) has a reference to Windows 10 / IE 11 support planned for October 2015.

The PAM for NetWeaver 7.40 as checked on 8/4/2015 still did not have a reference to Windows 10 OS.  I think it is just a clerical error.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/66971 gives Windows 10 information regarding th SAPgui.

Windows 10: Microsoft has announced that the RTM (Release to Manufacturing) version of Windows 10 will be available on JUL/29/2015. As soon as this final version of Windows 10 is available, SAP GUI for Windows will be tested on it. At present, we plan to release SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 as of Patch Level 4 for Windows 10. The exact time and whether higher patches will be required depends on the compatibility of the RTM version of Windows 10. Tests made to date on beta versions of Windows 10 have been successful.

SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 will not be released for Windows 10.

Edge browser: With Windows 10, a new browser with the name "Edge" is delivered. Due to technical restrictions (no ActiveX support), this browser is not supported by SAP GUI for Windows. SAP GUI for Windows can only be used in the Internet Explorer.

Regards,

Jude

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And FEP 4 for 7.40 is already available so it would seem to be supported now.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, it works on my beta verson of Windows 10.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i know download location of 7.4

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Aruna,

If you have not installed 7.40 gui yet,then you need to download the  compilation DVD first. .

You can get this from here:

http://support.sap.com/swdc

Installations and Upgrades

A-Z

G

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.40 CORE

Installation

Regards,

Jude

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Officially Windows 10 support starts with patch 4 of SAPGui 7.40 and NWBC 5 patch 7.

They seem to work fine on my test machine so far.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

Per SAP Note 1587566 - Installation problems with SapSetup Version 9.0.  As long as you are running 9.0.56.0 the SAP GUI installation will recognize Windows 10.

Having said that, make sure your backend system has been updated as referenced in SAP PAM to eliminate any compatibility issues.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm.  How do you feel about "will be recognized" versus supported?  Not sure I want to try it on these laptops yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

For the most part SAP is supporting all Microsoft components.  You will always find a few bugs like copy and paste using IE 11 on SDN still does not work.

SAP Note 1672817 - Browser: IE: Internet Explorer Support Policy - Central Note

After January 12, 2016, only the most recent version of Internet Explorer available for a supported operating system will receive technical support

and security updates (see IEBlog http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2014/08/07/stay-up-to-date-with-internet-explorer.aspx). For Windows 7, 8.1

and Server 2012 R2 this will be IE11.

SAP will also end support for lower Versions than IE11 by January 12, 2016 for these operating systems.

SAP recommends to use Internet Explorer 11 or higher from Jan 2016 on.

IE10 or higher offers several improvements in html5 and is the recommended browser for new SAPUI5 based applications like SAP Fiori.

SAP Note 722513 - Desktop Office Integration: Maintenance information

Microsoft Office 2013 is supported as of patch level 3 of SAP GUI for Windows 7.30.  This statement refers only to the SAP Desktop Office Integration that is a part of the SAP GUI for Windows. Other SAP technologies that interact with Microsoft Office execute some of their own releases for Office 2013.

Since Desktop Office Integration makes extensive use of the above features, it cannot support Office 365 Online. Moreover, it is not possible to use the functions elsewhere. For this reason, it will not be possible to release Desktop Office Integration for Office 365 Online. However, you can use Office 365 ProPlus or another released Office product.

SAP participates in the Developer Preview Program from Microsoft and has access to beta versions of new office packages through this program. It is therefore possible to release the DOI for new Office versions in a timely manner, unless Microsoft makes significant, incompatible changes to new Office versions. These releases will be documented in this SAP Note. If you want to be informed automatically about new releases or problems with a new version of Office, you can subscribe to the following thread on SAP Community Network: http://scn.sap.com/thread/449137.

Cheers,

Dan Mead