Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Upload BIG Projects by Open PS + SAP PS

amr_ismail2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our customer need to upload Projects from MS Project - The Project has a huge number of (WBS & Activities ) more than 4000 Activities.

I tried to upload it with SAP Open PS Tool. it takes very long time to process it Then Action Log gives ""Project was created successfully""

I tried to find it at SAP PS & couldn't find it.

- Anyone tried to upload BIG Projects with more than (1000 Activities ) by OPEN PS ?

- Anyone have a good uploading methodology or Scenarios  for BIG Project ?

- Please Help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

andrew_oh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI,

If you need all of PS WBS and activities integrate with MS project continously I recommend use our EPC (Enterprise project connection) solution.  it is very helpful for integrate end to end process.

This solution is very adoptable when customer use P6 or MS project to make detail schedule for construction in EC&O industry.  You can find references for this. (CPM + EPC)

If you want just migration from MS to PS, Open PS does not help to you.  It is very limited MS project version and hard to control.  So if you just convert to PS I recommend make program use ABAP.

OR use LSMW with BAPI.  Both of ABAP program and LSMW can not directly convert MS project, I think you should export to excel from MS and make sure field mapping.

Young.

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to get in touch with an ABAPer and create an upload tool (BDC) for project structure appending.

Make sure that the formatting is proper of the upload excel file.

Shubham

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

I think this might help you to resolve your querry just give a try

first Check

is this the Project which is required to be carried out every time if yes then create a standard project at one time

if the structure already exists in the system then cant the operative structures be copied

other option

Create a upload program with the help of ABAP which may solve your question permanently