SAP for Wholesale Distribution Discussions
Orchestrate conversations about inventory management, logistics optimization, and streamlined customer service in wholesale distribution using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an IDOC from excel file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Most of our supplier are EDI enabled, but some of them are still sending us an order confirmation and dispatch advises in excel.

I believe that tcode WE19 or similar can allow me to create IDOC from excel.

Fields in excel from supplier: | Vendor's line number | Vendor's Material | Our material | Qty dispatched | Unit of measure | Our PO number | Our line number in the PO

Could anyone advise if at least my theory is possible and give me a hint how to make it happen?

Thanks in advance

Max

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max

I searched for specific information about converting excel to IDOC and found another discussion that is the opposite process you describe - how to download IDOC structure in Microsoft Exc... | SCN using WE19.  So I do not know if what you propose will work.  I am not a messaging expert, but perhaps you can also post your question on this discussion.

The Ariba Network does provide the capability of managing multiple types of messaging (including excel) and will integrate with your SAP ERP system.  Have you looked into this solution for your company?  Here is a link to more information - Supply Chain Collaboration - Achieve the Perfect Order
Tim