cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when transferring data; communication error when analyzing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I load the data from the SAP CRM source system. Iam getting the following error.

Error when transferring data; communication error when analyzing

Diagnosis

Data Packets or Info Packets are missing in BW, but there were - as far as can be seen - no processing errors in the source system. It is

therefore probable that an error arose in the data transfer.

With the analysis an attempt was made to read the ALE outbox of the source system, which lead to error .

It is possible that no connection exists to the source system.

Procedure

Check the TRFC overview in the source system.

Check the connection of the source system for errors and check the

authorizations and profiles of the remote user in both the BW and

source systems.

Check th ALE outbox of the source system for IDocs that have not been

Can anyone guide me on this.

Thanks in Advance

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check out sm58 (trfc) in your source system. It looks like you are facing a error with your rfc. If you will find entries there you can manuall trigger the processing one by one or for all entries.

kind regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx for you prompt response. I checked SM58..the list is blank. Is there anything else that we can do to check it.

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok here's a development..when i logged in the source system to check the job...it says the job defn is incomplete. The description says:

Definition for job ARFC:SYSLOAD1C800CRMREMOTE is incomplete. Job cannot be released

Can anyone give an insight on it.

Any kind of input will be appreciated.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

was the connection working before? If yes, also check the st22 for dumps related to extraction. Check sm37, jobs named BIREQ* for your communication user (normally ALERMOTE), check your source system from the source systems in your BW and if errors occur select repair.

kind regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no short dumps. And when I check the Source sytem in BW the connection is successful. I had checked the jobs in SM37, the jobs are scheduled but I cannot release them. I found a note for it Note 310428 - A batch program cannot be scheduled.

Not sure if it will help.

Thx

Varun