cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/4 Hana - SPRO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Good morning!

We know that one of many benefits of S/4Hana adoption is your new UX developed, that include SAP Fiori.

We have some questions about that: Once S/4 Hana is activated (SFin), all the old SAP STD transactions are available? by SAP GUI?

We will continue to do settings on SPRO transaction?

Thanks.

JP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello João Paulo,

the term S/4HANA is used for many different editions and offerings. So let me be more precise. First we have the SAP S/4HANA, cloud edition - here we have the three offerings:

• SAP S/4HANA, cloud marketing edition
  • SAP S/4HANA, cloud project services edition
  • SAP S/4HANA, cloud enterprise edition

In the SAP S/4HANA, cloud edition (all three offerings) the customer does not have access to SAPGui and SPRO

(see aswell Yannicks blog: )

In the SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition. We can distinguish between the 1503 version (official name: SAP SImple Finance, on-premise edition 1503)  and SAP S/4HANA on-premise edition 1511 (available in Q4/2015).

(see aswell my blog or the whitepaper in the SAP S/4HANA cookbooks). 

For both versions basically SPRO and SAPGui. are still available. In exceptional cases specific transactions are not supported. For SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition 1503 yo can see for example SAP note 2127080 for release restrictions. For the upcoming SAP S/4HANA on-premise edition 1511 corresponding information will be published soon.

Kind Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

If customer does not have access to SPRO then how is he going to fix the customization related issues...Is he going through UI and access the customization..? Since this being clod edition then there will be some restrictions...but I believe On premise edition will "always" have access to SAP GUI and SPRO.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Vikash

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vikash,

possibly my English is/was not precise enough.

Yes - in the SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition the customer does have access to SPRO.

In the cloud edition the customer can access the offered fine-tuning UIs as part of the configuration approach. Adaption requirements in the cloud which are going beyond this opportunities need to / can be addressed vie Service Center. For the cloud we need to ensure that the cloud qualities regarding content lifecycle management are fulfilled.

Kind Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank for the explanation.