Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding CUA Child - 'Cannot access system using RFC' error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have added a new ERP system to our landscape.

When trying to add a client in new ERP system to our existing CUA setup, we receive error "Message 01395 - Cannot access system &1 using RFC".

I have already checked all the steps like, creating logical systems in BD54 and assignment to clients in SCC4, creating RFCs and checking in both the systems, everything looks fine except that the error persists.

This is not the first time i am adding a child system to CUA, however, this is kind of weird that i have this error. Or may be i am missing a critical step somewhere, or am overlooking something important.

Just to make sure i checked help.sap to see all the necessary steps are followed, including the naming conventions for RFCs and Logical System names etc, with no luck!

Any help/advice to resolve this error would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Naga

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The issue was with the assigned roles!

SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT

SAP_BC_USR_CUA_SETUP_CLIENT

The above roles were added to the user maintained in the RFC destination on the Central system to child. However, as the child system was a newly built system, the roles weren't generated with appropriate Profiles.

Generating the Profiles to above roles and User Master Comparison did the trick.

Regards,

Naga

5 REPLIES 5

radhakrishnan_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Nagaraju,

Check whether new client is added properly in the CUA configuration in BD64 and generate and distribute the model view.

For more check my blog with step by step details SAP Basis And Security: CUA(Central User Administration) configuration step by step

Regards,

RK

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please have a check at below note

PLease check your Child systems SP version to see whether this note is applicable to you or not

1013859 - CUA: Information in message 395(01)is insufficient

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The issue was with the assigned roles!

SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT

SAP_BC_USR_CUA_SETUP_CLIENT

The above roles were added to the user maintained in the RFC destination on the Central system to child. However, as the child system was a newly built system, the roles weren't generated with appropriate Profiles.

Generating the Profiles to above roles and User Master Comparison did the trick.

Regards,

Naga

0 Kudos

Therefore SAP says clearly:

You should never use standard roles directly, but always in the form of a copy in the customer namespace. This applies particularly if you change the role.

Otherwise, you may lose data as soon as SAP delivers a change via Support Package.

unquote

Copied from SAP note #1154550, section 'Important remarks'

or

You should first copy the single roles contained in the composite role to your customer namespace, adjust the open fields in line with your circumstances (for example, included child systems), and generate the corresponding profiles.

unquote

Copied from SAP note #2000585....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks!