Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode scanning field in the filter of WO Screen - WM 6.2

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our customer has a requirement as follow,

User does not want to search the work order from the below Filter screen, but they want to scan the equipment barcode on the filter screen and then system should bring the related work order. (Our field is a custom not standart)   Is this possible to develop this requirement ? 

Regargs,

Tahir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Tahir,

Yes, this is standard functionality you can enable.  With a tile list when a scan event occurs the list will automatically apply a filter based on if the scanned value matches something in the list based on the Tile LIst View Filters settings from the editor.  This is where you would add in your custom field that you have already enabled in the WO object.

Then the question is what scanner are you looking to use?  The integrated camera, bluetooth scanner, scanning sled?

The Agentry client comes with basic camera scanning support that can also be extended to support other scanning engines / hardware through the Open Scan interfaces.

--Bill

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Bill, for the clear explanation. We will use integrated camera for scanner.

I found the filter in "WorkOrderTileListView"  Screen set, right ? In the filter settings a field have two options as ;

1- Tile rows can be filtered

2- Scanner can filter on this Tile.

I think, selecting the second option will satisfy my requirement, right ?

Tahir

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Correct, for each field you want to enable as a possible filter for scan input you should check that second box.  You can enable more than one field and Agentry will automatically try to match against each one.

--Bill

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tahir,

That editor option varies differently for the type of Agentry client that you are using. You mentioned Camera. In IOS Iphone or iPAD the device/camera does not have a built-in hardware key and in WPF (Windows Laptop) does not normally have a scanner.  So in theory that option in the editor is not a one size fits all (but leaning towards hardware scan button of a device - like Motorola scanning devices). You may have to check after enabling it then publishing if the Agentry clients add a softkey button for scanning on the screen (for hardware without a scanning button - this is to see if that feature supports it or not).

As what Bill stated:

The Agentry client comes with basic camera scanning support that can also be extended to support other scanning engines / hardware through the Open Scan interfaces (Open UI). <-- this is normally a very advance topic.

Hope this clarifies it further.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Platinum Support Engineer

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you and for the valuable informations. I'll try enabling on ipad and see if it support or not. I will inform you back.

Regards,

Tahir

Answers (0)