Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure STMS Workflow - Advanced setup

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys

As part of SAP ERP Landscape with multiple clients, Im trying to implement a Transport Workflow strategy to facilitate several development scenarios

ERP Landscape is composed by

AED 100 (Main Development System)

AEC 100 ( Generic Client)

AEC 101 (Customer 1 Customization)

AEC 102 (Customer 2 Customization)

Then QA and PRD are part of the scenario but my main concern is related on the development systems AEC & AED

My goal using STMS Workflow is that when a development is completed in AED 100, it wont be automatically released into AEC 100,101 & 102.

Is there a way to release a request in AED 100 and choose and/or approve in which Import queue will show up. Those import queue could be AEC 100 and/or 101,102

That why i want to implement Workflow, so when a developer release a request in AED 100, he choose in which queue will show up and then Transport Administrator will approve in which queues will be imported.

I provide a screenshot of actual STMS Routes for further understanding of situation

As you can see, there is Transport Group which delivers any Development from AED to multiple clients in AEC, now my goal is to manually select which AEC requests are released to specific AEC system clients

Best

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Please check following SAP link,

Configuring the Transport Workflow - Change and Transport System - SAP Library

Regards

Anand

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Anand/Ricado

Yes, i have followed that document for SAP, Workflow Engine was activated and a Transport Request was created, but still so Its not working as expected.

When I release a Request in DEV system, a transport proposal was creaated, but the request was automatically moved to the next system, and here is where I would need to determine to which system the request is approved.

My goal is a request in AED 100, when is released, the developer has an option to select which target system wants (AEC 100, 101, 102) and then approve it.

And when its approved, only show up in Import Queue, and only to the desired client, not all of them

Now, when a release a request in AED 100, and Transport Request is generated, but still so, the request from AED 100, shows up in AEC Import Queue, for all clients (100,101,102)

Best

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Please check following SAP link,

Changing to Client-Specific Transport Routes - Change and Transport System - SAP Library

Regards

Anand

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand, I can find those websites using google.

I'm looking for someone who can read at my questions and provide his knowledge,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

It seems you need a pin pointed answer.

Please check parameter CTC=1.

Once this is set during STMS configuration for various client.

""import queue the column Client is highlighted in red. You cannot execute any commands, except for setting a target client. "

you requirement is ----->It other way round. "Once approved it should show up in Import Queue of specific client""

I know it Sounds tricky....i could see you are able to configure a complicated TMS...you would understand this one too.

Regards

Anand

ricardocarrega_filho
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin!

Have you looked at the following documentation in depth?

Transport Workflow (Administration) - Transport Management System (BC-CTS-TMS) - SAP Library

Regards,

Ricardo